Jack Nevada

"OH SHIT!" movie moments

Okay, I realize this is a discussion about movies, but I just want to give a special mention of that Walking Dead episode where they tried to pull the zombie out of the well, only for it to get torn in half at the top, letting the bottom half fall back into the well and contaminate the water anyway.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fIH6GMIJg

Oh, to be old enough to actually have been surprised by that scene, unfortunately I saw ROTJ before ESB so...

Sucks to be me.

I was too young to see it in the theater so I didn't see ESB until I was in my teens on VHS and it still freaking blew me away.

(My grandfather apparently took me to ANH, but I was too young to remember)

I remember seeing Star Wars when my family got a VHS when i was about 8-9. We got to the part where Obi-Wan Kenobi was about to shut off the power to the tractor beam control and I had to go to bed :( I was so sad! I'm pretty sure that moment set me up for a lifetime of being a nerd.Seeing the reveal of Darth Vader being Lukes father was really a 'oh shit' moment for me. I was in shock as a kid and didn't believe it till we saw return to the jedi. Incidentally the biggest 'oh shit' moment in that film was not the bro/sis reveal but when Darth Vader explained that the emperor was not as forgiving as he was. Given just how 'forgiving' we had seen Darth Vader up till then, it really made the emperor out to be the ultimate evil badass.

Someone already mentioned this, but the opening night audience I saw Burn After Reading with went nuts when Brad Pitt got offed. Then a few weeks later, one of my friends blew that twist for another friend who hadn't seen it yet, and he was livid. The moment when George Clooney reveals the, ahem, contraption he had been working on also got one of the biggest "OH SHIT DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THOUGHT I SAW?" reactions I've ever seen with an audience.

• Like 1