iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I have tweeted every so called expert..including Guru and asked them how they are getting 95-100 mill from a 37 OD. noone has gotten back to me. Its like everyone just started pulling numbers out of thin air.

• Like 6

Attendance wise, on Friday, Hobbit was on par with the Two Towers... Ending up at 315M would mean a total failure, since The Two Towers ended up at 450M (Adjusted, to be fair). So that's over 140M behind The Two Towers... Fellowship of the Ring also is over 400M adjusted...Normally, this movie should pass 370M to follow get a pass at least, but at 315M it would be waaay to bad.

To be fair though, if this was released in 2001, it would have made more than TLOTR: FOTR.

I have tweeted every so called expert..including Guru and asked them how they are getting 95-100 mill from a 37 OD. noone has gotten back to me. Its like everyone just started pulling numbers out of thin air.

Very interesting. Strangely, in one of her overnight write-ups, Nikki mentioned that her WB sources were expecting between $36m and $39m for Friday total, and between $81m and $89 for the weekend (which sounds about right to me, if not slightly high on the high end)...even though her headline stuck at $96 for the weekend.I'm inclined to believe what others have suggested on here: that WB is officially promoting inflated expectations of $90 to $100 mill when they talk to journalists, so that they can enjoy positive headlines for now, proclaiming it a record-breaking December weekend. When they have to revise their numbers downward on Monday, few will notice or care.

Very interesting. Strangely, in one of her overnight write-ups, Nikki mentioned that her WB sources were expecting between $36m and $39m for Friday total, and between $81m and $89 for the weekend (which sounds about right to me, if not slightly high on the high end)...even though her headline stuck at $96 for the weekend.I'm inclined to believe what others have suggested on here: that WB is officially promoting inflated expectations of $90 to $100 mill when they talk to journalists, so that they can enjoy positive headlines for now, proclaiming it a record-breaking December weekend. When they have to revise their numbers downward on Monday, few will notice or care.

WB was slowly releasing negative reviws on RT until the day before release when they just couldn`t hold them off so rating dropped. I wouldn`t be surrpised if they are after headlines too because, as you say, nobody will notice or care about actual adjustement if there`s any. Which just shows desperation and that things aren`t going the way they expected.

Still getting good WOM I guess. 81% on RT. Not quite 88% like Lincoln or SLP but it'll do for now.

Lincoln and SLP and Skyfall are longer in release. Initial rating is always the highest. TH started with 9.4 or 9.2 on imdb.com after Wellingotn rpemiere. It`s at 8.7 now. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

Lincoln and SLP and Skyfall are longer in release. Initial rating is always the highest. TH started with 9.4 or 9.2 on imdb.com after Wellingotn rpemiere. It`s at 8.7 now.

Ooof! That's a plunge

8.7 is still high.

It`s high because it`s still OW but it`s also already down from premiere. FOTR and Shriekapoo`s final rating after years is 8.8 I think. So TH is already under those 2 old movies. Unless some massive change happens and rating suddnely goes up but that didn`t happen with critics score either so trend isn`t on its side.