lilmac

Most overrated films of 2012

give me a break. There was nothing special about The Dark Knight Rises story. It was the standard "Destroy the city" story. Pretty much the same plot as the first one. What was wrong with the acting, cinematography, and score in Avengers? They all were just as good as TDKR. The acting and chemistry between the actors in Avengers was excellent

I've got to disagree with what you've said. The story yes, I agree, was just a standard "Destroy the City" story, but any normal would admit that the acting in Avengers isn't as good as The Dark Knight. The cinematography isn't as good as in The Dark Knight Rises. The score wasn't as good as TDKR Trilogy/Harry Potter series. (There was a thread Avengers vs TDKR - Nearly all people said that the acting/cinematography and score are better in TDKR than in Avengers).Anyways, this could continue for ages. No one would give up on believing that Avengers is better/worse than The Dark Knight Rises. You've (filmbuff) said your arguments, I've said mine - obviously we have different likes and dislikes and that doesn't bring us anywhere.Probably you will start saying that you've won the argument, but no... I could continue for days, but it wouldn't bring us anywhere.

give me a break. There was nothing special about The Dark Knight Rises story. It was the standard "Destroy the city" story. Pretty much the same plot as the first one. What was wrong with the acting, cinematography, and score in Avengers? They all were just as good as TDKR. The acting and chemistry between the actors in Avengers was excellent

Cinematography sucked in Avengers.The acting was good in the Avengers.

I have no argument to make and im not going to break it down into why, I just think TA is over rated simply because it didn't like it as much as most others did. It was decent thats all, no more, no less. Im not even going to compare it to any other movie because I think thats irrelevant. Nothing much was wrong with it, it just seemed like less than the sum of its parts to me.The Hunger Games. Ive seen it twice and i still dont see what the fuss is about. A good enough idea and some great acting from Lawrence, but not much else about it was all that great.SkyFall. A really good movie, but its not the best Bond. On a par with CR and better than anything else Bond for a decade or 2. Honestly though i think its gross is fair because Bonds have been under grossing in my view.

Edited by Rovex

Basically, TDKR is the most overrated movie on this site judging from what i see, and THG is the most overrated movie with the GA. I mean 400m? seriously?? The games were a complete bore and it only earned the money it did because of teenage girls. The book worked so well as a shocker, strong violence was needed for this movie to have the effect it should have had but the studio obviously preffered more cash to a great product and they knew the twiligh crowd would come pouring in for this piece of shit.

I thought THG was as harrowing as the book was. I think the R-rated version you envision would be too violent, and the violence would have been glamorized. The actual result was the best because, while it wasn't overly gratuitous, it still was, to me, The Dark Knight of the teenage crowd.

"Cinematography sucked in Avengers.The acting was good in the Avengers. "Lol TA vs TDKR Debate is pretty much...TDKR has a better story, acting and great visuals.....However....The Avengers was way more fun...END OF DISCUSSION....

• Like 1