CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

Was kind of disappointed in SLP's xmas number at first but it had highest Mon-Tues increase out of everything but Artitbage and Sinister and and This is 40, it also increased PTA. The only films above it are playing in 2x and 3x as many theaters as it. It's been a slow go but is not done yet. Edited by JackO

Yes. Up to at least 4 now. I'd go and check the theatre in person but it's raining outside and I can't be bothered to go out in the rain.

ADF's mental as usual. Though Hobbit could possibly reclaim #1. It'll get a much better drop than Les Mis and Django. Les Mis I'm thinking is going to be expanded next weekend for sure. It's in a pitifully small number of theatres right now. Probably looking at 3500 next weekend.

Will you melt? ;)

I saw Django today and it's a shame three of the males in the film can't get nominated. I thought Leo, Waltz and especially Jackson were lights out. They just nailed it. Leo got to ham it up and Waltz is just brilliant in everything he's in but Jackson really stole the show for me. His mannerisms and speech and shocked look every time he spoke just had me in hysterics. I would love to see him or Leo win this year.

Is Leo more villanious than comedic or is it a good mixture of the two? I'd like to see him once take on an out and out comedic role. I think sometimes he takes himself a little too seriously. Maybe Django is a step towards looking for different roles.

Edited by DAR

Is Leo more villanious than comedic or is it a good mixture of the two? I'd like to see him once take on an out and out comedic role. I think sometimes he takes himself a little too seriously. Maybe Django is a step towards looking for different roles.

Leo is funny but he's that villain that will smile at you while he is drawing his gun to stick it up your ass. He hams it up beautifully here and there are several scenes that he is downright scary.

All of these complaints about the word "Nigger" in the film are ridiculous, imo. It's a movie about asshole slave owners. What else do you think they are going to call their slaves?

• Like 6

I saw Django today and it's a shame three of the males in the film can't get nominated. I thought Leo, Waltz and especially Jackson were lights out. They just nailed it. Leo got to ham it up and Waltz is just brilliant in everything he's in but Jackson really stole the show for me. His mannerisms and speech and shocked look every time he spoke just had me in hysterics. I would love to see him or Leo win this year.

Every time Jackson said something, my audience lost their shit.
  • Like 1

His reaction to them pulling up on horses, his face, his voice, his "What the fuck is this muthafucka doin here..." and all that jazz was hysterical. Even when Monsieur (Oh he doesn't speak French :rofl: ) Candie tells his to calm down and so on and he is still so incredulous over these two showing up, I thought I was going to bust a gut. Jackson is the highlight of Django for me. And I loved Leo and Christoph and Goggins and even Foxx. But he just steals the show.

• Like 1

While I still would have preferred QT to play the film straighter than it sounds like he has, I'm more open to this than I was a couple of months ago. Plus it's always good to see genuinely adult films get made and do well.

The movie is pretty straight except his choice of music. That gives it a spaghetti feel to it, but other than that, it's about as straight as the yellow lines on the highway.

His reaction to them pulling up on horses, his face, his voice, his "What the fuck is this muthafucka doin here..." and all that jazz was hysterical. Even when Monsieur (Oh he doesn't speak French :rofl: ) Candie tells his to calm down and so on and he is still so incredulous over these two showing up, I thought I was going to bust a gut. Jackson is the highlight of Django for me. And I loved Leo and Christoph and Goggins and even Foxx. But he just steals the show.

Black Hercules? More like !@#$%^-les!"

• Like 1

All of these complaints about the word "!@#$%^" in the film are ridiculous, imo. It's a movie about asshole slave owners. What else do you think they are going to call their slaves?

There would be no controversy if QT didn't OD on it in "Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction" in the past. He's the one to blame for his constant usage of the word. There have been plenty of Slave movies that didn't feel the need to overdo it with the word. This isn't about portraying slave owners accurate, it's about QT's obsession with word. At times in the movie it was clear he was just using to use it. 109 Times was way overboard and wasn't even necessary. Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2