Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

wow, i don't remember a film being called a flop for making 300m+ domestic and possibly 1B worldwide... the first 1 Billion Grosser flop ? :rofl: :slaphead:come on folks.. yes it's dissappointing it's gross against "our" expectations but it's still doing fine... frankly it appears like it will put up the highest 3rd weekend of series after putting up one of the weakest 2nd. This is no flop....... a movie is not a flop just because it didn't meet expectations... you know i remember a film that opened in march this year that met expectations and it was a big "FLOP". grow some sense before posting this....

• Like 2

wow, i don't remember a film being called a flop for making 300m+ domestic and possibly 1B worldwide... the first 1 Billion Grosser flop ? :rofl::slaphead:

come on folks.. yes it's dissappointing it's gross against "our" expectations but it's still doing fine... frankly it appears like it will put up the highest 3rd weekend of series after putting up one of the weakest 2nd.

This is no flop....... a movie is not a flop just because it didn't meet expectations... you know i remember a film that opened in march this year that met expectations and it was a big "FLOP". grow some sense before posting this....

Exactly.

wow, i don't remember a film being called a flop for making 300m+ domestic and possibly 1B worldwide... the first 1 Billion Grosser flop ? :rofl: :slaphead:come on folks.. yes it's dissappointing it's gross against "our" expectations but it's still doing fine... frankly it appears like it will put up the highest 3rd weekend of series after putting up one of the weakest 2nd.This is no flop....... a movie is not a flop just because it didn't meet expectations... you know i remember a film that opened in march this year that met expectations and it was a big "FLOP". grow some sense before posting this....

:lol: Only Avatar 2 would fail to make money on a 1 billion WW gross. :P

Even though Les Mis will approach a 70m 6-day opening frame, it's flaming out quickly. I'm curious to see if this indicates large drops in the weeks to come or the film is just burning off demand right now. Django's doing splendidly. It's legs are going to be... what's the phrase I'm looking for... OFF THE CHAIN!

I wonder if rth meant to type 10.2 instead of 11.2 for Django.

Even though Les Mis will approach a 70m 6-day opening frame, it's flaming out quickly. I'm curious to see if this indicates large drops in the weeks to come or the film is just burning off demand right now.

Impressive pre-sales. Some people were acting like they were buying a ticket for a Broadway show I guess. It's drops in the coming weeks will be fine I'm sure. It just opened a little higher than usual due to presales.