Squaremaster316

Bryan Singer screwed up chances at a Justice League film years ago.

Oh yeah right, Superman Returns must have acknowledged the holy mighty Nolan's Batman but not the other way around. If WB really wished to pull off a JL movie connecting Batman and Superman, they would have told Nolan to tie connections as BB set the motion in 2004. Since BB already screwed up the plan as they let Nolan doing his take without JL connections in mind, why WB wouldn't have let Synger do his own thing as well?

Oh yeah right, Superman Returns must have acknowledged the holy mighty Nolan's Batman but not the other way around. If WB really wished to pull off a JL movie connecting Batman and Superman, they would have told Nolan to tie connections as BB set the motion in 2004. Since BB already screwed up the plan as they let Nolan doing his take without JL connections in mind, why WB wouldn't have let Synger do his own thing as well?

Batman Begins came out first, period.Making Batman relevant to movie goers was far more important than getting a JLA film going. Why should Batman be hampered down with numerous references to another superhero during his debut film? The film had to prove that it was capable of standing on its own two feet again without help. The first film shouldn't have to compromise itself for another film coming out over a year later.All WB had to do was make a reboot or remake of Superman and nothing would have been effected, it wouldn't even have had to reference Batman (Iron Man 1 didn't reference other superheroes)

Batman Begins came out first, period.Making Batman relevant to movie goers was far more important than getting a JLA film going. Why should Batman be hampered down with numerous references to another superhero during his debut film?

That was Supeman Returns goal too. Edited by dashrendar44

Reasons why we haven't seen a JL film yet1. Nolan didn't want to make one and he gained enough clout to have his way. WB didn't really care as long as the Batman movies were making a billion per, but they definitely wanted him to be involved when he was done with Batman. He refused, which is fine, because Nolan can do what he wants. 2. SR bombed, or Singer didn't want to make one, or both. 3. GL bombedThey've been trying to get a JL film off the ground since the George Miller rumors in 2006- but the films just never came together. They never had their Iron Man. Hell, their only success was restricted to its own world.

• Like 3

It really is Warner Bros having screwed themselves when you get down to it. If Justice League was really a priority to them, they would have told Nolan and/or Singer to keep this in mind when making their films. It is obvious they did not. Now they are in a position where they cannot easily link Batman with the rest of the DC universe without rebooting.

Also, some blame must be given to Green Lantern. Not only for bombing, but also for not establishing any kind of continuity. If Superman is the answer to "Are we alone in the universe?" (as Man of Steel indicates is the case), then what was up with the glowing yellow turd attacking a city?

• Like 1

It really is Warner Bros having screwed themselves when you get down to it. If Justice League was really a priority to them, they would have told Nolan and/or Singer to keep this in mind when making their films. It is obvious they did not. Now they are in a position where they cannot easily link Batman with the rest of the DC universe without rebooting.

Also, some blame must be given to Green Lantern. Not only for bombing, but also for not establishing any kind of continuity. If Superman is the answer to "Are we alone in the universe?" (as Man of Steel indicates is the case), then what was up with the glowing yellow turd attacking a city?

What WB should with Green Lantern  just include him in the JL film with a different actor. After that give him TIH treatment show his origin in a the beginning credits.  Green Lantern is a terrible film and should not be the film the links a shared universe. 

• Like 2

What WB should with Green Lantern  just include him in the JL film with a different actor. After that give him TIH treatment show his origin in a the beginning credits.  Green Lantern is a terrible film and should not be the film the links a shared universe. 

Definitely. I say either TIH treatment or reboot with John Stewart. Perhaps even both.

• Like 1

There's still hope.

If Supes is good, and Bale can come back for one last hurrah, that's all they need for audiences to flock to a JL movie.

Like Dexter said, just recast Green Lantern a la Hulk, throw in Flash and WW, and JGL can easily be Nightwing (don't forget Hathaway as Catwoman), and they got themselves a super movie.  :bravo:

And get Nolan to direct.  I don't care what it takes.  $50M up front plus another $50M to Bale.  Do it.  They can't turn that kind of money down.

It doesn't have to be as big as Avengers.  It just needs to be another big money making franchise (4 or 5 films with $800M-$1B WW each) and the CEOs at Warner can buy themselves more yachts.

MoS end credits:

Clark Kent at a bar (cause you know, after saving the world, you'd get shit faced too).

JGL walks in "You Clark Kent?"

Cavil: "Yeah"

JGL: "..I need your help".

[start of The Justice League]

...then again, I never tried writing a script before, so this might seem super (bad pun) cheesy. 

• Community Manager

MoS end credits:

Clark Kent at a bar (cause you know, after saving the world, you'd get shit faced too).

JGL walks in "You Clark Kent?"

Cavil: "Yeah"

JGL: "..I need your help".

[start of The Justice League]

...then again, I never tried writing a script before, so this might seem super (bad pun) cheesy. 

That's almost exactly like that scene in Wolverine where SHIELD tried to recruit him but Wolverine was like "fuck off". In retrospect, I think Hugh Jackman wishes he had been in the Avengers.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageSo what you are basically saying is Nolan is God.

And since Singer is the one to blame, Singer is the Devil.

MOS after credits scene that should have been:

Clark Kent returns to his apartment. A gruff-voiced shadowy figure approaches him.

Shadowy Figure: You think you're the only superhero in the world? Mr. Kent, you're not alone here. You just don't know it yet. 
Clark Kent: Who the heck are you? 

Christian Bale steps out of the shadows

Bruce Wayne: My name's Bruce Wayne. 
Clark Kent: The genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist from Gotham? I thought you were dead?
Bruce Wayne: Nope. I'm here to talk to you about the Justice League.

:D 

Edited by Darth Homer
  • Like 2

I still can't get over the fact that WB planned a JLA movie to be released in 2008 with a different continuity and actors from both BB and SR.

The main problem is the level of autonomy DC enjoys. Marval can do what the eff they want because put together, the top people at Marval are Disney's 2nd largest shareholder. I have no idea why WB is letting DC run they it has been running. They should've cleaned house there a decade ago.