Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

the movie doesn't look that bad

It's just awful. Acting, Directing, Writing, everything about it is sub-par. It had the potential to be great, but everything about it never came together and ultimately just fell apart. Edited by riczhang

Truly depressing and disheartening that such a vile, nasty piece of work can sell so many tickets.

Promised Land?EDIT: NVM you probably mean TCM. Forgot it was coming out this weekend. Edited by riczhang

Right? I really think we're in for a brutal Jan-April this year. It looks dismal, especially compared to last year. The fact that Oz probably has the most hit potential (and it could still flop) is troubling.

Im sure Zero Dark Thirty going wide will provide some interest, but yeah, lean times ahead.

Im sure Zero Dark Thirty going wide will provide some interest, but yeah, lean times ahead.

I'm still not convinced a movie like that can really strike it big with general audiences, but it will certainly do much better than I initially thought. Joe, Oz, Croods, and Oblivion are the only movies I'm expecting much of anything out of from now till summer, and all 4 are far from box office certainties.

I'm still not convinced a movie like that can really strike it big with general audiences, but it will certainly do much better than I initially thought. Joe, Oz, Croods, and Oblivion are the only movies I'm expecting much of anything out of from now till summer, and all 4 are far from box office certainties.

I think Oz will be fine, partixularly OS.

Oz should be fine, if only for the ultra starved family audience over January and February. Though that audience will have the Croods as well around the same time, and the trailers for that one look extremely promising. 125-175m is my Oz range.

Edited by HobbitMan89