Elessar

Weekend Estimates (Jan 4-6 2013)

Where is RTH?

Well it's almost 9.30pm Saturday here - good luck trying to get anyone here at that time..EDIT: I'm only on here because I'm waiting for my movie to start :P Edited by Wreck-It Robertron!

Fri looking likeTC3D 10.1-2m,DJ 6.2,TH1 5.2, LM 5,PG 3.1, JR 3,TI40 2.7,Linc 1.6ZDT 800kIn Can TH1 #1,2-DJ,3-LM,4-TC3D

10 point freaking 1M? That's gotta be a joke. Does better than I ever expected lol.Django seems to have second place assured. Will have a higher Saturday increase than The Hobbit. Edited by ChD

10 point freaking 1M? That's gotta be a joke. Does better than I ever expected lol.Django seems to have second place assured. Will have a higher Saturday increase than The Hobbit.

LOL and Canada has better taste then to have it the #1 film

Grosses for different movies on First Friday after holidays and additional grosses till the end of their runs:NT2 - 6.34 - 62.81 - 9.9xIAL - 5.19 - 38.87 - 7.5xSH1 - 5.07 - 55.39 - 10.9xLF - 4.23 - 34.01 - 8.0xMI4 - 6.14 - 53.56 - 8.7xSH2 - 4.23 - 39.25 - 9.2xSo the Friday turned out to be in IAL/SH1 category. Their legs can be taken as the high/low ends right now. So if TH1 follows IAL from here on, it will finish with 290M. If it follows SH1, it will finish with 307m.The required multiplier to hit 300m is 9.3x.

Texas Chainsaw is going to win :oIt costed 8M, and it looks to be making 10M OD. Of course it wasn't a bad idea to make another!

Edited by CJohn

If this movie really is that bad and makes this sort of number for the weekend, then I wonder how much EVIL DEAD will pull in when it's released???

I don't know... I don't see Evil Dead making big waves at the box office, tbh. Edited by CJohn

Grosses for different movies on First Friday after holidays and additional grosses till the end of their runs:NT2 - 6.34 - 62.81 - 9.9xIAL - 5.19 - 38.87 - 7.5xSH1 - 5.07 - 55.39 - 10.9xLF - 4.23 - 34.01 - 8.0xMI4 - 6.14 - 53.56 - 8.7xSH2 - 4.23 - 39.25 - 9.2xSo the Friday turned out to be in IAL/SH1 category. Their legs can be taken as the high/low ends right now. So if TH1 follows IAL from here on, it will finish with 290M. If it follows SH1, it will finish with 307m.The required multiplier to hit 300m is 9.3x.

You forgot FotR:6.8mil on Fri and after that an additional 124mil - 18.3xof course I know that H1 won't match FotR's legs, but the fact that it's very close on weekdays shows that it won't just disintegrate.

Yeah, you're probably right, but it might end up making more on DVD, but will see.. The gore in EVIL DEAD might be polarizing to many who can't stomach the horror that's going to be unleashed in that movie.. I still can't shake the vision from that trailer of that chick being power vomited on her face.. Yuck.. :puke:

Yeah, I believe the same. That shit is just too insane, most people won't be seeing it. It will be a cult classic for sure, but it won't have a long life in theaters.

You forgot FotR:6.8mil on Fri and after that an additional 124mil - 18.3xof course I know that H1 won't match FotR's legs, but the fact that it's very close on weekdays shows that it won't just disintegrate.

I also forgot Avatar, TTT etc.BECAUSE THEY HAD OSCAR BOOSTS AND HAD MUCH BETTER WOM.Holidays are over. It won't follow FOTR anymore. FOTR dropped less than 30% on Jan 11-13, TH1 will drop well over 40%.

I also forgot Avatar, TTT etc.BECAUSE THEY HAD OSCAR BOOSTS AND HAD MUCH BETTER WOM.Holidays are over. It won't follow FOTR anymore. FOTR dropped less than 30% on Jan 11-13, TH1 will drop well over 40%.

I don't see any problems with WOM, in fact it showed better holds than expected. But of course drops will be steeper from now on, it's losing IMAX screens and 3D share will be lower, but it still should do more than the SH1-multiplier. There's a part of Tolkien fandom that seems to watch these films again and again, leading to exceptional "late" legs, and they will keep H1 in theaters throughout February.