baumer

Spider-Man (2002)

55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

My favorite superhero movie and quite possibly my favoeite movie period. Yalls parents took yall to Star Wars and Jurassic Park and Batman and you fell in love, well that was me with Spidey. I was 8 years old and never had an experience like that in the theater. 30 seconds after the movie I was a full fledged Spidey fan.

The CGI is a tad dated, but who cares? Goblins pretty camp, but who cares? It doesnt have the tight core abs and muscle definition of SM2, but who cares? Even with its flaws, it manages to stay perfect in my eyes. And the score is my favorite. This movie alone makes me want to go back to 2002.

A+++++++++++ x 50.

• Like 3

Eh. This is one of those movies that just doesn't hold up well. I liked this series as a kid, but now I find Maquire's whining protagonist hard to root for and the romance to be some of the weakest ever put to screen. Second one is way better, but I'm still not a fan. I just don't think Spider-Man is my kind of superhero.

C

Edited by Wormhole

I'm curious, Why immature?

There were just little scenes that made me cringe because they felt childish, immature was a bad word to use. I wasn't a massive fan when I was younger, I just enjoyed it and would still kind of enjoy it if it was on now but I for some reason find TASM to be better and slightly more grown up. I'm not really a fan of either to be fair.

I think Spiderman 2 is great though

There were just little scenes that made me cringe because they felt childish, immature was a bad word to use. I wasn't a massive fan when I was younger, I just enjoyed it and would still kind of enjoy it if it was on now but I for some reason find TASM to be better and slightly more grown up. I'm not really a fan of either to be fair.

I think Spiderman 2 is great though

but what scene exactly did you find immatur?, just give me one example so I can understand

but what scene exactly did you find immatur?, just give me one example so I can understand

A lot of the green goblin scenes, the crowd cheering towards the end. To be honest I haven't seen it in a while so it's hard for me to just randomly list scenes. One day I'll watch it again and list more examples.

I haven't seen this in 13 years since it came out so plot specifics are really vague to me, but I remember it being way too cheesy, goofy, and dumb for my taste.  And Peter Parker is not likeable, how am I supposed to relate to an annoyingly nerdy introvert?  A solid D, never bothered with any of the other Spider-man movies.  Apparently I haven't missed out on anything by not giving the reboot a chance because everybody seems to think those movies are incredibly dumb and only it lasted for 2 installments before being rebooted again.

• Like 1

A lot of the green goblin scenes, the crowd cheering towards the end. To be honest I haven't seen it in a while so it's hard for me to just randomly list scenes. One day I'll watch it again and list more examples.

yeah, the crowd cheering scene was pretty bad. Loved every Green Goblin scene, it's campy done right.

• Like 1

All five Spider-movies are flawed, including the sacred cow SM2, but this is easily the one that comes closest to capturing the full magic of the mythos. Breathtaking shots, moments that punch you in the gut, a villain who switches from nasty to incredibly fun to nasty again with incredible ease, and most importantly, a romance that was worth rooting for.

And then Peter and MJ turned into assholes in SM2 and SM3.

All five Spider-movies are flawed, including the sacred cow SM2, but this is easily the one that comes closest to capturing the full magic of the mythos. Breathtaking shots, moments that punch you in the gut, a villain who switches from nasty to incredibly fun to nasty again with incredible ease, and most importantly, a romance that was worth rooting for.

And then Peter and MJ turned into assholes in SM2 and SM3.

In what universe is Peter an asshole in SM2?

• Like 1

I always loved how fanboys loathed MJ in SM2 just because "OMG what a wh*re, she doesn't wait for her wimpy Pete to make up his mind by fucking Jameson's jock son all the while!"(But all is good, the wh*re dumped the jock at the altar to get it on with the nerd, happy end!).

Yeah, in real life a cute girl won't put her sexual life on hold and wait forever just for your insecure self secretly fantasizing about her to make a clear decision about your feelings toward her especially if you're a bumbling nerd that can't seem to know how to work his way around an attractive woman and be in a mature love relationship. It's almost like frustrated virgins patronizing a woman just because she dares to have a sexual life that doesn't revolve around the protagonist they identify with by projecting their own insecurities.(like the old say "A bitch is a girl that doesn't want to get laid with you, a wh*re is a girl that get laid with everyone except you").  MJ in SM2 felt like a real young woman with her own life, her own issues, her own insecurities.

• Like 1