baumer

Spider-Man (2002)

55 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I always loved how fanboys loathed MJ in SM2 just because "OMG what a wh*re, she doesn't wait for her wimpy Pete to make up his mind by fucking Jameson's jock son all the while!"(But all is good, the wh*re dumped the jock at the altar to get it on with the nerd, happy end!).

Yeah, in real life a cute girl won't put her sexual life on hold and wait forever just for your insecure self secretly fantasizing about her to make a clear decision about your feelings toward her especially if you're a bumbling nerd that can't seem to know how to work his way around an attractive woman and be in a mature love relationship. It's almost like frustrated virgins patronizing a woman just because she dares to have a sexual life that doesn't revolve around the protagonist they identify with by projecting their own insecurities.(like the old say "A bitch is a girl that doesn't want to get laid with you, a wh*re is a girl that get laid with everyone except you").  MJ in SM2 felt like a real young woman with her own life, her own issues, her own insecurities.

Nice try, but I said Peter AND MJ. Peter more than MJ in SM2. MJ more than Peter in SM3. Those two bitches deserved each other. This franchise didn't have to destroy my favourite relationship in fiction though. TASM series may have had a million flaws but at least it didn't feature two idiots playing childish and immature mind games with each other in the name of "real love" or some shit.

• Like 1

you mean real people, right?

Lolwut. I'm incredibly sorry you think SM2 and SM3 feature a romance that is more normal and natural than the one in TASM. Also, thanks for insinuating that my girlfriend and I aren't real people. Who needs respect, honesty, maturity and clarity in a relationship when you can be a cagey, indecisive and insecure crybaby instead?

TASM series may have had a million flaws but at least it didn't feature two idiots playing childish and immature mind games with each other in the name of "real love" or some shit.

That's a pretty perfect description of the on/off nonsense in TASM2.

Edited by Fifdddeee Shadddeees
  • Like 4

Lolwut. I'm incredibly sorry you think SM2 and SM3 feature a romance that is more normal and natural than the one in TASM. Also, thanks for insinuating that my girlfriend and I aren't real people. Who needs respect, honesty, maturity and clarity in a relationship when you can be a cagey, indecisive and insecure crybaby instead?

Oh would you please shut up

• Like 6

That's a pretty perfect description of the on/off nonsense in TASM2.

The ONE time Gwen broke up with Peter in TASM2 was where she clearly laid down the facts for him and called him out on his shit. Completely decisive and articulate unlike the messes that were SM2 and SM3 Peter and MJ. They actually talked about ground rules when they got back together in TASM2, which was way more sane and smarter than the amateur soap opera of SM2/3.

Edited by Spidey Freak

GPyLwMq.gif

• Like 2

Nice try, but I said Peter AND MJ. Peter more than MJ in SM2. MJ more than Peter in SM3. Those two bitches deserved each other. This franchise didn't have to destroy my favourite relationship in fiction though. TASM series may have had a million flaws but at least it didn't feature two idiots playing childish and immature mind games with each other in the name of "real love" or some shit.

You live in Disneyland's perfect bubble in which everybody love each other unabashedly without any hurdle and doubts though. Yeah, relationships can be a lot more simplier, trustworthy, balanced but they can be troubled, rocky and fucked up too as the former doesn't forbid the latter to be adressed in fiction, they're as legitimate as the perfect love story between two equally balanced level-headed individuals making all the right decisions everytime you seem to like to be portrayed on screen regarding Spidey.(That's totally boring though).

That's rich since TASM2 was just a ridiculous soap opera in which Parker and Gwen don't seem to know if they want to be together or not in the flip of the minute because "I ain't got time for your shit, duh, but I still love you re-duh, but I can't be with you, duh-duh-duh despite I can't help loving you!". (or because the scripwriters didn't know how to develop their relationship in a realistic manner setting up artificial breakups at the turn of every reels). i don't know how you can loathe SM2 when TASM2 tries to do the same "soap opera-ish" thingy.

Edited by Red Room of Dash
  • Like 2

Wasn't it stated that Peter dumped Gwen multiple times between TASM and 2?

Not to mention the whole "I'm going to london but I still love you and i'm expecting you not to follow me"

• Like 1

Still love this movie. I remember going to see it and then getting an old Spidey comic from a store afterwards.

Way better than the reboot films and in all honesty I'm not sure Marvel themselves will end up making better Spidey films than the original two.

You live in Disneyland's perfect bubble in which everybody love each other unabashedly without any hurdle and doubts though. Yeah, relationships can be a lot more simplier, trustworthy, balanced but they can be troubled, rocky and fucked up too as the former doesn't forbid the latter to be adressed in fiction, they're as legitimate as the perfect love story between two equally balanced individuals you seem to like to be portrayed on screen regarding Spidey.(That's totally boring though).

That's rich since TASM2 was just a ridiculous soap opera in which Parker and Gwen don't seem to know if they want to be together or not in the flip of the minute because "I ain't got time for your shit, duh, but I still love you re-duh, but I can't be with you, duh-duh-duh despite I can't help loving you!". (or because the scripwriters didn't know how to develop their relationship in a realistic manner setting up artificial breakups at the turn of every reels). i don't know how you can loathe SM2 when TASM2 tries to do the same "soap opera-ish" thingy.

I disagree that a balanced and safe relationship is automatically more boring than the "beauty" and "life" of a fucked up one but whatev. However, the relationship in SM2 and SM3 wasn't even interesting fucked up. Just annoying and stretched in a ridiculously unnecessary soapy manner. Peter and Gwen OTOH were constantly forthcoming with their feelings. And Gwen never deterred from prioritizing her education over Spider-Man. 

Wasn't it stated that Peter dumped Gwen multiple times between TASM and 2?

Not to mention the whole "I'm going to london but I still love you and i'm expecting you not to follow me"

Gwen's main problem was him constantly being iffy and torn between his commitment to her and his work/promise to her father so she made his decision for him and dumped his ass. Then when they decided to get back together, they made ground rules. I don't remember her ever hinting that he come with her to London. I liked that they made Spider-Man decide to move away from New York just to be with his girl. Her death was already telegraphed and I knew it wouldn't go anywhere but I liked that they at least had him entertain the idea of revolving his entire life around her.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

the best Spider-Man movie in my opinion. Even better than the second one.  While I do think the movie should have been longer as it feels a bit rushed overall the origin story is well done, so is the drama. Both Maguire and Dunst are great here. So is Willem Dafoe. He is great. Green Goblin is one of my favorite superhero movie villains

Also must credit this movie for introducing me to the world of Spider-Man and superheroes in general

Edited by John Marston