Punishment

Weekend Actuals 1/4-1/6

WOM kicking in or big game happened on Sunday?

I honestly hope it's the first thing, because I hardly think there was a game since it was the only movie that dropped so hard. I don't think that only horror fans go to games (or stay home to watch them for that matter). Edited by ChD

Why does Hobbit drop more on Sunday than stuff like Django? Isn't it supposed to be a family movie?

If I'm not wrong, school started today (Monday) in the US so I don't think kids really had time to go to the movies... Probably the Hobbit didn't make much money from late screenings (Past 6-7PM), while Django probably did since it's R rated and only adults go to watch it.
  • Like 2

Football killed it.

Are you sure? I mean it's strange that it's the only movie to drop so much from Estimates...Is it possible that the other studios took that in consideration when they sent estimates in and Lionsgate just ignored it?

If I'm not wrong, school started today (Monday) in the US so I don't think kids really had time to go to the movies... Probably the Hobbit didn't make much money from late screenings (Past 6-7PM), while Django probably did since it's R rated and only adults go to watch it.

But don't family movies have good Sundays, due to strong matinees?

• Founder / Operator

But don't family movies have good Sundays, due to strong matinees?

Sometimes, yes. But considering a movie like Hobbit reaches a wider audience than Django, that also means it stands to lose more viewers (especially since football is a family event too). Django also pulls more from the "awards" crowd which is typically less volatile when it comes to being affected by sports.