Electric

Year 5 Totals!

96 movies released during Year 5 (you jumped from 10 to 12 :P ). Is that a good or bad number?

For some reason 4chan was missing from Electric total's list. Well yeah, that's what matters... That I jumped from 10 to 12, not that I made that table, LOL.For some reason Beast jumped on 11 and i didn't notice until after putting their numbers... I said fuck it, just moved it down and left it like that.

Yeah, like make Dominion a flop.

Yeah... should I take this post seriously or what? Dawn made 300M god damnit. If Creator wouldn´t have given it over-the-top 310M budget which is ridiculous I think it wouldnt even be a disappointing. No offense but you wanted a boxoffice war and you lost it at least DOM wise. Get over it, I wouldn´t be that mad about if SpellForce would have lost against Dawn since I liked it very much.Edit: But I think that DOM totals for December films are bit low with taking the weekend actuals and drops. Edited by SilverShark

Edit: But I think that DOM totals for December films are bit low with taking the weekend actuals and drops.

We should just move on for the game, but IMO every film is in need of a big adjustment up.

Yeah... should I take this post seriously or what? Dawn made 300M god damnit. If Creator wouldn´t have given it over-the-top 310M budget which is ridiculous I think it wouldnt even be a disappointing. No offense but you wanted a boxoffice war and you lost it at least DOM wise. Get over it, I wouldn´t be that mad about if SpellForce would have lost against Dawn since I liked it very much.Edit: But I think that DOM totals for December films are bit low with taking the weekend actuals and drops.

It's not about the budget. Even if Dawn's budget was 150 million, I would have been disappointed with a 300 million finish just because I've always considered it to be my greatest (or second greatest) blockbuster and the only blockbuster of mine (except perhaps Obliviation now given the success of Nirvana) that had juggernaut potential. In the 22 CAYOM years I have participated in, I have never had a film gross more than 450 million.

It's not about the budget. Even if Dawn's budget was 150 million, I would have been disappointed with a 300 million finish just because I've always considered it to be my greatest (or second greatest) blockbuster and the only blockbuster of mine (except perhaps Obliviation now given the success of Nirvana) that had juggernaut potential. In the 22 CAYOM years I have participated in, I have never had a film gross more than 450 million.

Maybe it was something that was not meant to be. Spellforce 3 was a juggernaut, and Dawn was the tougher sell.

Ok well, like I said I liked it very much. But it felt to me just like it wanted to be too much, like an all-in-one film for everybody. Maybe that was the problem. But dude you have such a great filmography so don´t be that pissed please, you will get your 450M film for sure.

Its not about box office. It's how good the film was. I actually liked John Carter even though it flopped, so box office is just a blip on moviemaking.Dawn Of Oblivion was an amazing film, and even though it didn't pass Spellforce's total, that doesn't mean Spellforce's was the better film.

• Like 2

Its not about box office. It's how good the film was. I actually liked John Carter even though it flopped, so box office is just a blip on moviemaking.Dawn Of Oblivion was an amazing film, and even though it didn't pass Spellforce's total, that doesn't mean Spellforce's was the better film.

That´s completely right. SpellForce was made to be a fun fantasy film with some serious elements. Dawn was more ambitious (maybe too much) but was indeed the better film quality wise. SpellForce had the better chances at the BO.

I am willing to adjust some BO if everyone else feels I was too harsh. I feel like I might have underestimated the December movies.

Yeah, I believe all my movies should at least have doubled their actuals grosses :ph34r:
  • Like 1