Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

I don't know what the best cinema i've been to is. I've been to a few of the prestigious ones here in the UK such as Leicester Square Odeon and the BFI IMAX, but alongside my main cinema one of my favourites is in a small village called Leiston. It was only a single screen cinema, but the staff and management were really friendly, the auditorium was big, spacious and looked like an old classic theatre. And to top ot off halfway through the film they had an intermission and had a guy selling Ice Creams at the front. It was brilliant.

I've been to the huge movie theaters in London and Helsinki, but they kinda freak me out because they're huge like airports.

I guess I've gotten so used to the small one I regular in. I do have to say that watching a movie at the BFI IMAX, in 3D was absolutely mindblowing, though. That is a way to see movies.

BTW, I dont quite get the intermissions at movie theaters. I mean, why not buy your snacks and take a long piss before the movie starts?

They had a 10 minute intermission when I was in Greece and I was just annoyed

• Like 1

The biggest single cinema i've been to was in crawley and that had 15 screens including an 'IMAX' and another with D-Box. I go there whenever I get a chance as it shows more obscure films compared to my locals. I travelled there for Harold and Kumar and Red State.I didn't really care for the intermission as I had no use for it, but it was nice to kind of completely step in to a long lost era of british movie going complete with a round of applause at the end (for Prisoner of Azkaban)

The biggest single cinema i've been to was in crawley and that had 15 screens including an 'IMAX' and another with D-Box. I go there whenever I get a chance as it shows more obscure films compared to my locals. I travelled there for Harold and Kumar and Red State.I didn't really care for the intermission as I had no use for it, but it was nice to kind of completely step in to a long lost era of british movie going complete with a round of applause at the end (for Prisoner of Azkaban)

How lively are british audiences? Finnish audiences are really quiet, and laughing is the most noise you'll hear. In Greece people were yelling and slapping their foreheads when Johnny English did something stupid

How lively are british audiences? Finnish audiences are really quiet, and laughing is the most noise you'll hear. In Greece people were yelling and slapping their foreheads when Johnny English did something stupid

They're really quiet too generally. Comedies and Horrors are the only times you really hear anything. That said, the best audience I ever had was when I saw Kick-Ass, everyone was getting really into it, laughing, cheering, gasping, it was what I'd assume a Midnight show is like in the US.

I sometimes like to look around the auditorium to see how the people are liking the movie. Often you can tell just by the audiences' expressions what the think of it. Much to my surprise, the people at my Hobbit screening looked bored but the people at my Anna Karenina screening looked like they were really into it

I wish the UK was like you guys. Because films never last here, I have to see them early otherwise I don't get a chance as I have to ride a bus for an hour to get there, and when they get reduced to evening only shows i'm screwed.

i feel your pain, i'm in same boat, i'm lucky if a film stays 3 weeks here! only big blockbusters stay over 4 weekends and by said 4th weekend its on smallest screen with 2/3 screeningsbuses here run till 7pm so unless my friend who goes to cinema with me sometimes is available (she has a car) then i'm screwed if i haven't had chance to see a film on weekends, because there are afternoon showigs only on weekend otherwise its a 6/7pm or 8/9pm showing and agree you guys cinemas look super fancy!

The theater where I usually go right now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some of their older auditoriums have a very strange design where the seats are orientated like a bow so that the seats closer to the screen curve upwards. Their ticket prices are fairly reasonable, they don't show many ads, and they still don't do 3D movies, but their popcorn is ridiculously expensive.

At college in Iowa I often went here. It's just a big white block but late night college student admission is $3 and they don't show any ads.

Theater where my family still lives

Posted Image

And we usually went here for movies that theater wasn't playing

Posted Image

I love going to the Fleur in Des Moines for arthouse movies

Posted Image

http://vp.cdn.cityvo...jpg&ar=maintain

Edited by tribefan695

I also sometimes go to another theater up in Ithaca which is 30 minutes from my local theater

Posted Image

as you can tell this one is more nicer and better then my local Regal and is a 14 screen theater instead of a 10 theater.

Posted Image

and this is a picture of the inside of a smaller theater

Good old regal.

Hoyts, the second biggest chain in AUS, is basically the same thing. Hoyts.com.au directs to the AU website. Hoyts.com redirects you to regal cinemas website (regmovies.com)

I've been to a lot of different cinemas around the UK and globally, my favourite is the BFI IMAX but others that I've visited and liked are the Cineworld in Glasgow which is the tallest cinema in the UK, the Event Cinema in Sydney on George Street was different to what I was used to and both the AMC Empire 25 and Regal E-Walk both in New York.