Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

Udvar-Hazy Airbus IMAX

Posted Image

Posted Image

Closest of the 3 Smithsonian IMAX (15/70) screens and the 4 15/70 screens in the area.  Can't find a decent picture of the actual screen, but it's the standard 6 story affair.

Films Seen: Spider-Man 3, Mission Impossible 4, The Dark Knight Rises (3 times), Deathly Hallows Part 2, Catching Fire, Interstellar (2 times), The Martian

Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brand new, first Alamo in the DC area.  Nice developing upscale shopping center.

Films Seen: The Wolverine, Gravity

AMC Tysons Corner 16 - Mclean

Posted Image

Probably the most central theater in the area, on the top floor of Tysons Corner Center in Mclean.  My personal favorite just for location.  Has a LieMAX and an ETX screen.  I've never set foot in either.

Films Seen: Mr. Bean's Holiday, The Wolf of Wall Street (ETX), Sicario, Star Wars 7

Fairfax Corner 14 

Posted Image

Now a Rave Cinemas theater.  Middle of another upscale shopping center (as is pretty much the case with all theaters in this area) right across from Fair Oaks Mall.  Also pretty geographically central.  They've got that Rave Extreme thing, but I've never bothered with it.

Films Seen: Shrek 2, Saawariya, The Dark Knight Rises, ROTS, Over the Hedge, Spider-Man 2

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 2

Centreville Multiplex

Posted Image

My childhood/old home theater.  A bit rundown now (relative to the others at least), and I don't go there all that often anymore.  Saw a shit ton of films here though.

Films Seen: Air Bud, Lion King, Ants, A Bug's Life, Monster's Inc, Spy Kids 2, Finding Nemo, Pride, Don 2, Cats&Dogs, Cars, Order of the Phoenix, Scooby Doo, Jimmy Neutron, far too many to name.

Big Cinemas Twin Theater, Falls Church

Posted Image

Haven't been here in years, but it used to be Loehmann's, and it was the only theater in the area that played Bollywood films until recently.  It was pretty shitty, but I know they renovated it after switching to Big.  Always played SRK films and he actually visited it at least once when here shooting for Swades.

Films Seen: DDLJ, Koyla, HAKH, Dil to Paagal Hai, Pardes, Raja Hindustani, Border, Swades, Main Hoon Naa, Veer-Zaara, Om Shanti Om, U Me Aur Hum, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Chak De India, Tashan, Singh is Kinng, Kal Ho Na Ho, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Karan Arjun, Duplicate, Bunty Aur Babli, etc.

AMC Worldgate 9 Herndon

Posted Image

Posted Image

Used to come here as a kid frequently as well, but it's been ages.  Used to be a Phoenix back then.  In the middle of the Worldgate Center so it was always pretty crowded. 

Films Seen: Shark Tale, Rugrats go Wild, Sorcerer's Stone, Shrek, etc.

Regal Fairfax Towne Center 11

Posted Image

Used to be the IT spot back in the day as it was right across Fair Oaks Mall, but the opening of the Fairfax Corner theater really killed it.  Haven't been here in years as well.

Films Seen: Chamber of Secrets, 101 Dalmations, Hercules, Mulan

Edited by spizzer

Bow Tie Reston Town Center

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prime location in the middle of Reston Town Center.  Older theater but still pulls the crowd.  Haven't been here in a while either

Films Seen: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Shrek, Agent Cody Banks, DBZ Resurrection F etc.

AMC Potomac Mills 16 IMAX

Posted Image

Can't find a decent picture but this is a pretty large theater in the Potomac Mills Mall Complex.  Haven't been there too often, but I've been in the area frequently.  

Films Seen: Avatar

Regal Manassas 14

Posted Image

Used to be fairly close by to my old home.  Didn't go too often but it's smack in the middle of Manassas so it pulls crowds from all over.

Films Seen: Goblet of Fire

University Mall 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Local Dollar Theater right across from George Mason University.  Might have been renovated but I haven't been in a good 6 years, and it was dingy and creepy at that time.

Films Seen: Shrek 3, Lilo and Stitch, George of the Jungle, 

Edited by spizzer

The next few are theaters that I've been by or in, but haven't seen films in, or don't remember seeing films in.

AMC Hoffman 22

Posted Image

Posted Image

Largest theater in the area after Cinemark Egyptian 24 in Hanover.  Built in the Hoffman Town Center in Alexandria.  Upscale as hell, been by it but never seen a film there.

Regal Gallery Place DC

Posted Image

Major Regal in the District itself.  Again, always wanted to go here, but haven't been able to yet. 

AMC Georgetown 14

Posted Image

Lots of film premieres here, right by GU.

Cinemark Egyptian 24 + XD Hanover

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Largest theater in the DC Area with 25 screens in Arundel Mills.  They've got the only XD screen, and as seen above, have the whole Ancient Egyptian theme going.  Always wanted to go here as well just for the get-up, and it's near my girlfriend's house, but haven't had the opportunity yet.

Edited by spizzer

AMC Courthouse Plaza 8 Alexandria

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another one in Alexandria.  Recall seeing a film here, but don't remember which one, might've been Avatar again.

Those are the major ones; there's a whole bunch more that I've been to but they're not coming to clear mind right now and some others have closed down (Springfield Mall, deservedly so).

My favorite was the theater in the Paragon Mall in Bangkok (vacationed there when I was younger for two months), on the 13th and 14th floors no less.  

http://www.majorcineplex.com/en/cinema/paragon-cineplex/

They had a shit ton of stuff there.  The standard screens, then screens with lounge seating, a Grand Opera styled hall, Ultra Premium screens with fancy-ass seats where they'd serve fine cuisine, an IMAX screen.  You name it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Easily the most impressive theater I've been to.

• Like 2

This theater just opened in november, it's nice. not huge, but it sure beats the tiny two screen on the other end of town. and matinees are only $5. It has a TRX screen, no 3D yet though. 

l.jpg

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1