Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Lincoln cleaning up the Big Awards: BP, BD, BA, BSA, BASLife of Pi will win 3 to 4 OscarsSLP will win one of the acting awards so Jlaw may cap off a great year with an OscarArgo will get a few awards0D30 will get a tech awardLincoln is an unstoppable force at this point. Steven's Oscar Swan Song. They also still owe him a best picture from that "Private Ryan" snub. "Life of Pi" is the only dark horse that can stop Lincoln. I don't think SLP can beat Life of Pi or Lincoln in the Big Awards.

Shit !Slavery didn't end and Lincoln rhetorics didn't convinced both houses and both parties !Lincoln seems to be a very depressing movie. :(

This is true it is a depressing movie cause it was a depressing time in America. Lincoln did convince everyone in the end but he had to lie, wheel and deal to get the 13th amendment passed. The fact Lincoln did what he had to do to end the war and end slavery is why he's an iconic figure. Steven did a great job showing the struggle Lincoln went through. Remember they ended up killing him anyway. The reason Lincoln was killed is cause he freed Blacks in America so he indirectly died so Blacks can be free in this country. What made Lincoln so great as a film was it really focused on why he's such a Legendary President. My only beef is I felt the movie should of made the assassination more suspenseful but they really didn't. Outside of that it was one of Steven's Best.
  • Like 1

Whats so hard to comprehend? Yes. If u are older and have more experience in life you might get mote out of SLP. Theres nothing wrong with that. Its like saying if you have been a waiter before you might like Waiting more. Or if u are a rape victim you mightget more out of The Accused. Sometimes u have to experience things to appreciate what someone has to say about them.

• Like 1

Current Predctions: Please note SLP is my favorite of the year but I am not predicting it to winBP: LincolnBD: Spielberg for LincolnBest Actor: Cooper for SLPBest Actress Lawrence for SLPBest Supporting Actor: PSH for The MasterBest Supporting Actress: Hathaway for Les MisBest Adapted Screenplay: SLPBest Original Screenplay: AmourBest Animated: FrankenweenieBest Short Animated: PapermanBest Cinematography: Life of PiBest VFXL Life of PiProduction Design: LincolnBest Foriegn: AmourEverything else I am unsure of at this point.

Edited by CloneWars

Whats so hard to comprehend? Yes. If u are older and have more experience in life you might get mote out of SLP. Theres nothing wrong with that. Its like saying if you have been a waiter before you might like Waiting more. Or if u are a rape victim you mightget more out of The Accused. Sometimes u have to experience things to appreciate what someone has to say about them.

Whether you're 80 or 20, Silver Linings Playbook is a hallow movie.

You're making some pretty big assumptions about other people's ability to appreciate a film. I was the youngest person in my screening of Amour and I thought very highly of it. Okay, I'm not old. Should I wait again till I'm 70 to watch it? No, I understand what its saying. I can COMPREHEND it. I'm not sitting here saying Silver Linings is a bad movie. It's entertaining. It's a solid B. Whatever problems I have with it have nothing to do with my age. It's with the more cliche moves it makes and the same "manic pixie girl who helps the poor guy solve his problems" angle I've seen a hundred times. I can't believe you're asserting that because someone didn't enjoy the movie as much as you did, it's because I can't fully understand it because I'm but a wee little lad in my late twenties who's been through several serious relationships, an abortion, two arrests, death of several close relatives, a drug addicted best friend, and mounts of debt.

You said "don't take offense" but it's insulting.

• Like 5

Yeah it really is. I know several of my friends and family that are movie buffs thrilled that she got snubbed, cause everyone I know hated THL. And it seems like lot of people just don't like her personally either (I sure don't).

Again, I'm completely mystified here. Not only is a director not defined by one movie, what on earth has she said or done to invite such scorn?
  • Like 1