Neo

Geostorm | 10.20.2017 | Dean Devlin directs. Gerard Butler, Andy Garcia. The world ends in IMAX 3D. New even more ridiculous and more awesome trailer on page 25

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The WB-Village Roadshow deal ends this year, maybe they are looking at Skydance to fill that slot? Unless they reup the deal. Village Roadshow also has a similar deal with Sony, which was struck just as WB got RatPac on board as well. Maybe we will see Village Roadshow move to Sony and Skydance-RatPac with WB at the end of the year (just speculating). Alcon has a distribution deal with WB, but Alcon is more they self-produce and WB just distributes unlike RatPac.

Warner Bros and Village have been in partnership for almost 30 years, it'd be a huge shock if they left to go with Sony full time. They're already attached to Ocean's 8 and Ready Player One so if they did leave WB, they'd still be involved with 2 more films.

WB and Skydance would be interesting but I wouldn't be surprised if Skydance split their slate with WB and Sony rather than stick with solely one studio.  

Alcon is an interesting case, WB has domestic distribution and sometimes OS distributions but some films like Prisoners and Blade Runner 2049 have a different OS distributor.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

All this co-production talk just reminds me - whatever happened to the James Bond rights? Been a long time since Spectre, it was supposed to be announced last year and still nothing.

I'm guessing EON is still in talks, I have a feeling we won't see a new Bond film until 2019. Whoever gets it should try and get a better deal, Sony got the short end with Skyfall and Spectre as they only got a meagre percent of the profits compared to MGM and EON.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

All this co-production talk just reminds me - whatever happened to the James Bond rights? Been a long time since Spectre, it was supposed to be announced last year and still nothing.

I think I saw a thing about it last month, saying it was might be shooting in Croatia but nothing on the cast or the rights.

I like to think that Daniel Craig is continuously pulling in and out of the deal just to mess with Sony/EON.

Edited by AABATTERY

4 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

I think I saw a thing about it last month, saying it was might be shooting in Croatia but nothing on the cast or the rights.

I like to think that Daniel Craig is continuously pulling in and out of the deal just to mess with Sony/EON.

That's the thing, we don't even know if Sony is even involved anymore. The distribution deal went out for bid post Spectre, and nothing from EON since. Strange silence for sure, I guess they will reveal the distributor + cast + director + title and release date for the next movie at once.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's the thing, we don't even know if Sony is even involved anymore. The distribution deal went out for bid post Spectre, and nothing from EON since. Strange silence for sure, I guess they will reveal the distributor + cast + director + title and release date for the next movie at once.

If Warner Bros got it, it'll probably go to the November 1st 2019 slot that they're reserving for a DC film and they'll push the DC film to mid November since they'll alternating Fantastic Beasts films with DC films every other year.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If Warner Bros got it, it'll probably go to the November 1st 2019 slot that they're reserving for a DC film and they'll push the DC film to mid November since they'll alternating Fantastic Beasts films with DC films every other year.

Its just weird, the Bond rights are the hottest ticket in town and there has been literally no inside scoops or leaks regarding which way the negotiations have gone. This is some amazing secrecy from EON.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Its just weird, the Bond rights are the hottest ticket in town and there has been literally no inside scoops or leaks regarding which way the negotiations have gone. This is some amazing secrecy from EON.

I get what you're saying. Gerard Butler is the 9th Bond, and Geostorm is secretly James Bond 25! So Geostorm is to Cellar and The Woods as James Bond 25 is to 10 Cloverfield Lane and Blair Witch. Announcement at comicon!