Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

Current rankings: (and note, I don't do rankings based on current buzz like many on ADF seem to think is the proper way, which I think is absurd, but I do rankings based on how I think the current buzz will play out over the rest of the season.) 

[*]Philomena (NGNG, though this is at 93% on RT and looks to do mid-80s if not more on MC ) [*]Inside Llewyn Davis [*]Gravity [*]12 Years a Slave (Brokeback Mountain here we go again) [*]American Hustle (Sight Unseen, I suppose this is #5) [*]August: Osage County [*]Rush [*]All is Lost [*]The Wolf of Wall Street (I dunno. This might be a huge misfire. And I really didn't like the trailer) [*]Le Passé

Edited by riczhang

Scorsese hasn't had a misfire since I don't even know when. And of his last 5 films all four that were released in the fall got BP and BD nominations. 

I know. And that's part of the reason why I think this might fail. You can't fly that high for that long and not expect to fall at some point. 

Seems like just a crazy roll of the dice to say PHILOMENA is the frontrunner at the moment (or even the foreseeable future).

I'm not saying it is the frontrunner at the moment. That'd be ranking based on current buzz, which is definitely 12 Years or Gravity. I'm saying that I believe by February that Philomena will be on top. And it's just a hunch at the moment: a gut feeling.