The Stingray

Biggest Oscar snubs this year.

Biggest Oscar snubs.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think were the biggest Oscar snubs this year?

• Moonrise Kingdom not getting Best Picture
    • Skyfall not getting Best Picture
    • Ben Affleck not getting Best Director
    • Kathryn Bigelow not getting Best Director
    • Tom Hooper not getting Best Director
    • Quentin Tarantino not getting Best Director
    • John Hawkes not getting Best Actor
    • Marion Cotillard not getting Best Actress
    • Javier Bardem not getting Best Supporting Actor
    • Leonardo DiCaprio not getting Best Supporting Actor
    • Looper not getting Best Original Screenplay
    • The Perks of Being a Wallflower not getting Best Adapted Screenplay
    • The Intouchables not getting Best Foreign Language Film
    • Beasts of the Southern Wild not getting Best Original Score
    • Cloud Atlas not getting anything
    • The Dark Knight Rises not getting anything
    • Other

The winner of Foreign Film is voted upon by the larger selection committee, and you have to see all the films before you can vote. And I really thought that after Haneke that Tringtignant got in. I imagine he just missed the nom.

I think he and Hawkes were #6 and #7, respectively

No doubt. Him getting in would've been an indication that something big was brewing with Amour in the academy. He would've been a completely out of left field nom, no on expected him to. At least for Haneke people like Tapley were predicting him.

It's strange. There are a ton of snubs but I am not all that worried about them. The biggest one in my mind was Bigelow, but I don't know, having 2 auteurs in there instead doesn't seem so bad. Sure Beasts wasn't my cup of tea but it's not like they nominated Stephen Daldry. Same thing with Cottliard and Hawkes. I think in any other year Hawkes and Cottliard would be locks but competition and #1 votes were too strong. And it's not like they are losing out to Sandra Bullock or something. Phoenix and Riva/Wallis are deserving since the only reason they got in were from strong support. Same with Perks screenplay. As soon as Beasts got in for director that was DOA. Kind if surprised that Intouchables did't make it but what would be the point? The support for Amour would have overwhelmed it. More surprised TDKR didn't get anything but I guess Academy wanted to give other films a turn. Cloud Atlas was DOA as soon as it missed best makeup shortlist. Feel kind of like Leo got screwed but I guess people just liked Waltz better.

A Royal Affair will win best foreign film. I can feel it in my sphincter.

:rofl: The only one the could've beat Amour was Intouchables. And it for snubbed. No way in hell is Amour losing. The only potential spoiler which still really has no chance would be maybe No.I'd say Kon Tiki but the fact remains that it isn't a very good movie. War Witch feels like the 3 Executive Committee added short list selections so that's not winning.