Totem

How I Met Your Mother

Today's episode is pretty good :) All the jokes hit the right notes for me. Love all the references to The Princess Bride.

But seriously, I'm freaking tired of Ted not letting go, it's just pathetic at this point.

The 3 episodes so far this season have been on a declining trend of quality IMO. The idea of a whole season centered around 3 days of the wedding is probably not the best way to go out. The audience has already met the mother, and now having to wait for 22 episodes for Ted to finally meet her is just crazy since there is basically no other place left for the plot to go to now.

Today's episode is pretty good :) All the jokes hit the right notes for me. Love all the references to The Princess Bride.

But seriously, I'm freaking tired of Ted not letting go, it's just pathetic at this point.

With all The Princess Bride, and especially them repeatedly referencing Mandy Patinkin I was really expecting a cameo from him this episode. Maybe he will turn up in an upcoming episode, the name dropping just seems too heavy for it to just be a reference with no payoff.

• Like 1

The 3 episodes so far this season have been on a declining trend of quality IMO. The idea of a whole season centered around 3 days of the wedding is probably not the best way to go out. The audience has already met the mother, and now having to wait for 22 episodes for Ted to finally meet her is just crazy since there is basically no other place left for the plot to go to now.

Yeah, I agree, that would make the show feels constricted.

But I like the three episodes so far, gotta disagree about the quality of them. 

I read somewhere, on a HIMYM fansite iirc, that Ted will actually meet the mother halfway into the season, episode 10/11 or so. We'll see.

With all The Princess Bride, and especially them repeatedly referencing Mandy Patinkin I was really expecting a cameo from him this episode. Maybe he will turn up in an upcoming episode, the name dropping just seems too heavy for it to just be a reference with no payoff.

I hope so, that would be great.

I wonder who else will they bring back to cameo. Bryan Cranston will return, that's exciting  :)

I hope so, that would be great.

I wonder who else will they bring back to cameo. Bryan Cranston will return, that's exciting  :)

Hmm, possibly Rachel Bilson since she was the Mother's roommate as well as a former student and girlfriend of Ted.

Since she's family, Lucy Hale as Katie Scherbatsky (Robin's younger sister).

Ray Wise as Robin Scherbatsky Sr. (Robin's dad)

Christine Rose and Michael Gross as Ted's parents.

Alan Thicke, just because it would be funny.

Alexis Denisof as Sandy Rivers, if for no other reason than that he would be easy to get.

Last episode was kind of... meh. It was a big issue and they somehow managed to fix it in one episode? Which, right now, means a few hours in their world.

Anyways, I found some of the sound editing (mostly from the beach) to be extremely bad.

Last episode was kind of... meh. It was a big issue and they somehow managed to fix it in one episode? Which, right now, means a few hours in their world.

Anyways, I found some of the sound editing (mostly from the beach) to be extremely bad.

Yup, every time Ted talked, there was a different sound quality compared to everyone else.

This episode continued the declining trend this season IMO. The main problem is that they are trying to fit too much into a wedding weekend and the setting by itself does not lend itself to a lot of comedy.

They have played most of their cards already - We have seen the mother, we have heard her speak and interact with other people, we have even seen Ted and the Mother together (this was something I felt they could have avoided till the end). There is really nothing left apart from for Ted and the Mother's first meeting, but since they have already had scenes together, the anticipation is just gone.

Looks like it.  This wedding has been going on for 4 seasons since season 6.  Enough already.  :unsure:

That's kind of disappointing if it is.  I am enjoying the season, but since it's the final season, I'd prefer if most of it didn't take place at the wedding. It would be nice if the wedding was over in the next episode or two. 

That's kind of disappointing if it is.  I am enjoying the season, but since it's the final season, I'd prefer if most of it didn't take place at the wedding. It would be nice if the wedding was over in the next episode or two. 

That's what I'm hoping. After all these years waiting for Ted to meet "the Mother" I want enough episodes to actually see their relationship bloom before the show ends, I don't want to see Ted meet her and then "THE END"

• Like 1

Finally saw this Monday's episode on "On Demand".. and I am done with this season. They have dragged this wedding out waaaay too long.

The viewers deserved a season of Ted and the Mother actually getting to know each other and so on. Instead, this wedding is killing any momentum the show had going into this season. If they are truly making this season around just 4 days, then I don't care about this show or this season any more. I will tune in for the series finale since that seems to be the only episode which matters any more

Seeing that this last episode focused on the mother entirely, giving us her back story and how everything started, the spin off just got a lot more interesting.

I saw it and made the mother pretty boring an un-interesting. With the best parts when she bumps mistakenly into the current stars.Naked Man's Story was the best part.