CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

9 hours ago, Chewy said:

I've said this before but Dr Doom over there has both this and Warcraft coming this summer, that's gonna hurt

He'll never reach the two punch high of Prince of Persia and the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

7 minutes ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Look at the dislikes on the trailer. Sad that so many people are still so sexist in 2016.

lol

I'm guessing a lot of fans of the original movie are giving it a thumbs down. This really does look like ass though. Could the casting be any more of the "who's available RIGHT NOW?" variety.

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Looks better than the one that came out god knows how long ago

Given that the last Ben Hur movie is the Heston one...WTF are you taking about.

I already hate this movie...Wanted was rancid garbage.

Edited by kowhite

3 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Given that the last Ben Hur movie is the Heston one...WTF are you taking about.

I already hate this movie...Wanted was rancid garbage.

There was a miniseries that aired on ABC in 2010.

We need to send the ChubbChubbs after these people who keep greenlighting these crap ass "modern day action-packed updates" of old stories.

Speaking of which, THE CHUBBCHUBBS! Anyone else remember that Oscar-winning animated short?

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

There was a miniseries that aired on ABC in 2010.

We need to send the ChubbChubbs after these people who keep greenlighting these crap ass "modern day action-packed updates" of old stories.

Speaking of which, THE CHUBBCHUBBS! Anyone else remember that Oscar-winning animated short?

I guess the question is....can this even beat...that?This is gonna suck.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol

I'm guessing a lot of fans of the original movie are giving it a thumbs down. This really does look like ass though. Could the casting be any more of the "who's available RIGHT NOW?" variety.

What's wrong with the cast?

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

What's wrong with the cast?

No one among the cast is even close to a box office draw or an in-demand actor (99.9% of the world doesn't know who Jack Huston even is, not even for his famous background). Morgan Freeman is obviously something of a living legend but he's every bit as guilty of slumming for paychecks every now and then as Robert De Niro and Michael Caine are.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

No one among the cast is even close to a box office draw or an in-demand actor (99.9% of the world doesn't know who Jack Huston even is, not even for his famous background). Morgan Freeman is obviously something of a living legend but he's every bit as guilty of slumming for paychecks every now and then as Robert De Niro and Michael Caine are.

The cast not being a draw is the reason why people are not liking this? I have never seen the original by the way.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The cast not being a draw is the reason why people are not liking this? I have never seen the original by the way.

No, the fact that this really looks like poop is the reason they aren't liking this (or at least giving them incentive not to). Like I'm not normally one quick to judge a big budget summer movie by its cover (heck, I'm still looking forward to Ghostbusters very much despite the Internet poo-pooing on it) but this is just...no.

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

No, the fact that this really looks like poop is the reason they aren't liking this (or at least giving them incentive not to). Like I'm not normally one quick to judge a big budget summer movie by its cover (heck, I'm still looking forward to Ghostbusters very much despite the Internet poo-pooing on it) but this is just...no.

What makes it look like poop? lol The vfx? Forgive me for being inquisitive. I just noticed people these days judge too fast. I want to hear their reasons.

It's funny you mentioned GHOSTBUSTERS. Though I don't think it looks like poop lol, I didn't like what I saw in the trailer. It was boring to me.

Edited by kayumanggi

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

What makes it look like poop? lol The vfx? Forgive me for being inquisitive. I just noticed people these days judge too fast. I want to hear their reasons.

It's funny you mentioned GHOSTBUSTERS. Though I don't think it looks like poop lol, I didn't like what I saw in the trailer. It was boring to me.

It looks like it's trying to be the Ben-Hur story filtered through a Gladiator approach with a dash of 300 but is more akin to things like Pompeii and Exodus: Gods and Kings. No thanks.

Edited by filmlover