CJohn

Ben-Hur | 8/19/16 | 7 minutes of Jack Reacher will play before the movie

Forgive my ignorance, but I tend to get a bit confused about some movies being called remakes. From what I understand from briefly skimming, that this is supposed to be an adaptation of the novel, which has been adapted to film before. Is it still really considered a remake?

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Since Wanted he's made what, Abraham Lincoln and this? Am I forgetting something?

Jesus

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1782568/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_4

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3877844/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2

So in other words, yes.

He produced The Darkest Hour and 9.

• Like 1

Meh. It looks ok. Nothing great, nothing awful. However, it will inevitably elicit the pearl-clutching, indignant hand wringing, and "how dare they violate my childhood/my dear, beloved, sacrosanct movie??" outrage that most every remake/reboot gets.

When will people get it?

Remakes do not destroy movies, memories, or childhoods.

Don't wanna catch a remake? Cool.

Say "But maybe they simply think it looks like crap" all you want, but the reactionary vitriol that remakes get as soon as a trailer drops (and usually as soon as the announcement of a remake hits the interwebs) will always be suspect to me.

• Like 1

Between this and Warcraft (and The Legend of Tarzan, assuming it makes its summer release date), how many articles are we going to see about the death of the non-franchise action film similar to 2005 when Stealth and The Island megaflopped?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Between this and Warcraft (and The Legend of Tarzan, assuming it makes its summer release date), how many articles are we going to see about the death of the non-franchise action film similar to 2005 when Stealth and The Island megaflopped?

Warcraft will be the only one to generate those articles. Ben-Hur will just be tossed in the "pointless remake" bin and Tarzan will be tossed in the "WB trying to be Disney and failing" bin.