CJohn

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back | October 21, 2016 | IMAX confirmed. Trailer on page 7.

7 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Watched Jack Reacher last night, excited go this weekend.

The first 9 minutes of Jack Reacher have dialogue just visuals and music, its pure cinema, great stuff. Lots of cool classic dolly moves too. Also that Sniper vision shot is fantastic.

Plus, you know, PNC Park on North Shore of my hometown, Pittsburgh.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Plus, you know, PNC Park on North Shore of my hometown, Pittsburgh.

I just walked out of this and there was I guy with a Pittsburgh Penguins jacket and cap in the foyer. 

The film itself is a solid action movie. Cruise is good again and Smoulders holds her own.  I hope we get another Jack Reacher. 

I was trying to work out where I'd seen the girl before until it finally clicked in the second to last scene. 

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Alli said:

The first one did start during the X-Mas holiday. I think that was a little help but I could be wrong.
In a few hours we hopefully get the Wednesday numbers and know more. It was #2 (as expected behind Brice 3) yesterday in the area of Paris-Periph. according to cbo-boxoffice.com.

Now it's #3 and has 7% at MT (like Madea which is #4). I think both will do fine.

Was Tom Cruise trying to say something with this movie to Katie Holmes, because it really felt like it, it was weird AF.

:wacko:

First one was better in every way, this one does the job but visionary director Christopher McQuarrie was sorely missing here.

Edited by The Futurist

I haven't seen the movie but based on the book it's a two lead job with one baddie and a puppet master and a few muscles in the way of Reacher. I like its low-key, old-school approach, the way Reacher should be. Have a feeling the Childs readers will love it, GA will probably have mixed reaction.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

The supporting cast for this is such a downgrade from the first. It's like they knew this wasn't gonna do much on the domestic front.

Part of getting it made was convincing the studio it could be done for cheaper. 

So that got some known faces who work cheap and are Cruise is trying to convince them he can make it profitable. 

I doubt even he tried to convince them it would be some monster hit, just profitable.