CJohn

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back | October 21, 2016 | IMAX confirmed. Trailer on page 7.

56 minutes ago, acab said:

Cool trailer but i'm not sure if it'll reach the first ones numbers.

Right now I see it doing 25/65. The release date isn't good and I think Paramount should try Thanksgiving (or the first week of December if they want to keep IMAX).

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Right now I see it doing 25/65. The release date isn't good and I think Paramount should try Thanksgiving (or the first week of December if they want to keep IMAX).

I disagree October is the perfect spot to put this film in IMAX. Plus putting it in Thanksgiving or December is a bad idea it will be overshadowed by lots of competition

5 hours ago, Robot308 said:

I disagree October is the perfect spot to put this film in IMAX. Plus putting it in Thanksgiving or December is a bad idea it will be overshadowed by lots of competition

It's going to lose a lot of screens the first three weeks of November, putting it at Thanksgiving assures it won't lose a lot of screens until Christmas.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's going to lose a lot of screens the first three weeks of November, putting it at Thanksgiving assures it won't lose a lot of screens until Christmas.

I disagree. Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts & Moana will eat up all of those's screen during Thanksgiving so no it will not assures it's chances October is a better choice 

44 minutes ago, Robot308 said:

I disagree. Doctor Strange, Fantastic Beasts & Moana will eat up all of those's screen during Thanksgiving so no it will not assures it's chances October is a better choice 

That's not how it works, theaters will get rid of older releases for new ones. Jack Reacher's hypothetical OW on Thanksgiving would make much more than Doctor Strange's fourth weekend and Strange will be down to one screen at basically every theater by then. Yes, Moana and Fantastic Beasts will be taking a lot of screens, but right now in its current release date there are 5 other releases and holdovers from previous weeks. A Thanksgiving release would help maximize how many theaters it gets and would result in better legs due to the lack of releases in early December.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's not how it works, theaters will get rid of older releases for new ones. Jack Reacher's hypothetical OW on Thanksgiving would make much more than Doctor Strange's fourth weekend and Strange will be down to one screen at basically every theater by then. Yes, Moana and Fantastic Beasts will be taking a lot of screens, but right now in its current release date there are 5 other releases and holdovers from previous weeks. A Thanksgiving release would help maximize how many theaters it gets and would result in better legs due to the lack of releases in early December.

Nah. everything in your statements in false. A violent film like this won't work for Thanksgiving after the first film try that idea for Christmas of 2012 and failed only to get overshadowed by bigger films like the first hobbit, Les Mis & Django. It's October spot is perfect for less competition

Just now, Robot308 said:

Nah. everything in your statements in false. A violent film like this won't work for Thanksgiving after the first film try that idea for Christmas of 2012 and failed only to get overshadowed by bigger films like the first hobbit, Les Mis & Django. It's October spot is perfect for less competition

>Violent films don't work on holidays

>Lists Django as a reason it got overshadowed 

Do you seriously expect Strange to have multiple screens at a majority of theaters in its fourth weekend? CW was down to a single screen at a lot of locations by then and Strange won't be anywhere near as big. Oh, and about 5 other releases being false?

Friday

NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Boo! A Madea Halloween
Horror Comedy
Lionsgate Wide
I'm Not Ashamed
Drama
Pure Flix Wide
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
Crime Drama
Paramount Wide
Keeping Up with the Joneses
Comedy
Fox Wide
A Monster Calls
Fantasy Drama
Focus Features Wide
Ouija: Origin of Evil
Horror
Universal Wide
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Robot308 said:

And Django wasn't a violent film?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

And Django wasn't a violent film?

Django was an exception plus it can out during Oscar season. Jack Reacher is not an Oscar film so your point is????

Edited by Robot308

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

>Violent films don't work on holidays

>Lists Django as a reason it got overshadowed 

Do you seriously expect Strange to have multiple screens at a majority of theaters in its fourth weekend? CW was down to a single screen at a lot of locations by then and Strange won't be anywhere near as big. Oh, and about 5 other releases being false?

Friday

NEW IN THEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
Boo! A Madea Halloween
Horror Comedy
Lionsgate Wide
I'm Not Ashamed
Drama
Pure Flix Wide
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
Crime Drama
Paramount Wide
Keeping Up with the Joneses
Comedy
Fox Wide
A Monster Calls
Fantasy Drama
Focus Features Wide
Ouija: Origin of Evil
Horror
Universal Wide

Boo will bomb, A Monster Calls is going to be like the movie 9, and Oujia will make its money back. Nuff Said

Just now, Robot308 said:

Django was an exception plus it can out during Oscar season. Jack Reacher is not an Oscar film

This still doesn't make much sense, though. Thanksgiving last year had Creed and Mockingjay Part 2, while Christmas had Star Wars. 2014 had Mockingjay Part 1 for Thanksgiving, and Hobbit and arguably Unbroken for Christmas. Violent films have been released at those times before.

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

This still doesn't make much sense, though. Thanksgiving last year had Creed and Mockingjay Part 2, while Christmas had Star Wars. 2014 had Mockingjay Part 1 for Thanksgiving, and Hobbit and arguably Unbroken for Christmas. Violent films have been released at those times before.

I'm talking about a film like Jack Reacher not whatever your talking about

On 23/06/2016 at 11:21 PM, Robot308 said:

Django was an exception plus it can out during Oscar season. Jack Reacher is not an Oscar film so your point is????

Django didn't earn the money it earned because it was an 'oscar film'