Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Social media reactions on p.172

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Another one in the comedy category should receive more criticism as well (coughGREENBOOK)

Don’t get me started on that trash

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Next up IW being nominated. 

It was a much better films then most that were nominated. 

however the film would be seen differently based on if you been on the 10 year journey or not. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

13 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Another one in the comedy category should receive more criticism as well (coughGREENBOOK)

You know nothing of subtlety do you kid?  :apocalypse:

All this butthurt over a GG nom just makes me want an oscar nom all the more.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Orestes said:

All this butthurt over a GG nom just makes me want an oscar nom all the more.

For real. Black Panther is not in my top 5 of the year but i think i think its a finely crafted film with a lot of significance. I'm thoroughly enjoying watching all these 'anti-sjw' people heads explode Kingsman style. There are worse films that have gotten nominations in the past with not so much as a peep, lol. I hope Panther gets a Best Picture nom just so i watch them really lose their shit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Next up IW being nominated. 

It would certainly be nice to see the actual best movie of the year nominated, but that makes way to much sense for it to happen.

• Like 3
  • Not Cool 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Well, the Academy HAS to nominate BP.

It s not like people will tune in to see who s winning between Roma and The Favourite.

This is my fear for the Oscars. Despite the narrative being that populist movies are worthy nominees/winners, AMPAS is likely to snub BP/ASIB in favor of yet another winner that nobody saw. #OscarsTooIndie #OscarsTooArthouse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It would certainly be nice to see the actual best movie of the year nominated, but that makes way to much sense for it to happen.

Have you seen 5 movies this year?

It’s not a matter of IF Black Panther gets a best picture nom at the Oscars. It’s gonna get nominated. 

It’s in a lot of top 10 lists. 

The Academy would really really really look bad/would have zero excuse to leave it out. In fact if it pulls what it did with The Dark Knight, I don’t see The Academy being taken seriously. 

• Like 1

Once again, personal opinion = irrelevant. What matters is critical reception and no not RT but MC. That explains why some movies make the line up. BP has high enough MC score which is why it's been in conversation, is checking off precursors and is considered a worthy nominee. Snubbing it in favor of a movie with much lower critical score, just because it's SH, would be unjust and awful. 

OTOH, the biggest issue with The Reader wasn't just kicking TDK out (we actually don't know which movie did it) but that it had an appallingly low MC (unlike TDK) and still got in. Mind you, MC is not be all and end all but it justifies nominations more than "well, I liked this movie better than that movie". 

So yeah, speaking of some GG nominees that are considered questionable, see MC to understand why. 

EDIT: Point is, SH must work harder than your average traditional Oscar genre of preference and still not be sure whether it's in or out (see TDK). That needs to end.

88 MC SH deserves to get in over traditional movie with lower score that apaprently doesn't have to work that hard. Screw that, go BP!

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

It’s not a matter of IF Black Panther gets a best picture nom at the Oscars. It’s gonna get nominated. 

It’s in a lot of top 10 lists. 

The Academy would really really really look bad/would have zero excuse to leave it out. In fact if it pulls what it did with The Dark Knight, I don’t see The Academy being taken seriously. 

This would imply the Academy is worth taking seriously in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Not surprising that there’s no criticism over a film directed by a pedophile being nominated,

maybe that’s because there’s no film directed by pedophile nominated?

• Not Cool 1

Anyway, BP is very bad, but other bad movies have been nomintaed in the past, and we are talking about Golden Globes here, sooo 🤷‍♂️ who cares.

24 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Have you seen 5 movies this year?

An interesting debate would be whether BP or IW was the film of the year for general audiences. 

• Like 1

This made my day! I’m cackling with glee right now. I know it won’t win, but so glad it got nominated. It’s also pretty satisfying to see those who can’t keep themselves from repeatedly commenting about how much they disagree with this, while also acting like they don’t care about or take the GG/Oscars seriously, work themselves up about it.

WAKANDA FOREVER!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Goffe said:

maybe that’s because there’s no film directed by pedophile nominated?

Might as well defend Victor Salva while you’re at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DAR said:

This would imply the Academy is worth taking seriously in the first place.

True point 

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Pretty confident BP will be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars.

And that's totally okay

Pretty confident Bohemian  Rhapsody will not be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars

And that's very okay

Pretty confident Bohemian Rhapsody will hit 200M

And that's very okay

drake.jpg

• Not Cool 1

2010-2015, those were simpler times in terms in Oscars, Jlaw was invited almost every year.

No streaming vomiting content, no woke-ness ...

Aaaaaah, the memories ... cherish them.

• Not Cool 1