Jump to content
Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Social media reactions on p.172

Recommended Posts

I'm a basic bitch, so it's still in my top 10. Of course, I have a huge backlog of movies this year I haven't seen that I want to see, but it would probably still be high up.

 

No other blockbuster this year has given me such an adrenaline rush and excitement as this film had, and I still think it holds up exceedingly well. Of course I haven't seen Fallout yet (I know) so that could change once I get around to it. Into the Spider-Verse might also change things too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Of course I haven't seen Fallout yet 

smh. but i guess not everyone can fight the friction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoolioD1 said:

smh. but i guess not everyone can fight the friction.

IT'LL BE AVAILABLE TO RENT SOON COOLIO I'LL WATCH IT SOON JEEZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

 

I mean, same, but I’ve also seen 160+ films.  It’s in my top 35 though, and I absolutely think it’s a deserving nominee.

I've seen around 50 so far this year. I think BP is 21 or 22 on my list.

 

I agree it's a good movie. I just wouldn't put it on my ballot for Best Picture.

Edited by Rorschach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Black Panther doesn't even crack my Top 20 films of the year so far. 

 

Just now, Rorschach said:

I think BP is 21

😐

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

 

😐

I mean its probably gonna be lower after the barrage of movies coming out this month passes by so... 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Hey, my6 favorite line from the movie was "The Sun Never Sets On The Wakandan Empire"/.

 

 

Yeah anyone who is a student of history smiled hearing that line lol. 

 

ALOT was said with that one line. 

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I'm a basic bitch, so it's still in my top 10. Of course, I have a huge backlog of movies this year I haven't seen that I want to see, but it would probably still be high up.

 

 

You know what a good movie is?  Suspiria.  You should see Suspiria.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What some of you haters don't realize is that your opinion doesn't really matter when it comes to two facts about black panther. Those two facts are huge box office in huge critical acclaim.

 

At the end of the day black panther has a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes after 440 reviews reported. It has an 88% rating on Metacritic making it the highest rated superhero film ever. It has an A+ cinemascore and became a cultural phenomenon. And to top it all off the film made 700 million domestically making it not only the biggest movie of the year but the highest grossing superhero film ever made domestically. You might as well get ready for is Oscar not in best picture because it's coming. As well as it should. The only other superhero film to ever get reviews on the level of black panther what's the Dark Knight and Spider-Man into the spider verse.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

What some of you haters don't realize is that your opinion doesn't really matter when it comes to two facts about black panther.

 

At the end of the day black panther has a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes after 440 reviews reported. It has an 88% rating on Metacritic making it the highest rated superhero film ever. It has an A+ cinemascore and became a cultural phenomenon. And to top it all off the film made 700 million domestically making it not only the biggest movie of the year but the highest grossing superhero film ever made domestically. You might as well get ready for is Oscar not in best picture because it's coming. As well as it should. The only other superhero film to ever get reviews on the level of black panther what's the Dark Knight and Spider-Man into the spider verse.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah true. dexter fletcher isn't a pedophile.

see @That One Guy, there’s no pedophile nominated

  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

The main compliant I hear from people who dislike BP, is that it promotes 'Black Supremacy'.

the right criticism, though, is that it pays lip service to themes it doesn’t have the time to explore because it has to be another standardly mediocre Marvel movie, with all the MCU shit that makes these things so popular with the average joe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Panther racking up nominations at the Grammys, too. Nominated for album and record of the year so far.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody's loving this film. Can't wait for the multiple Oscar nominations. wakanda forever.😀😀😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YLF said:

Black Panther racking up nominations at the Grammys, too. Nominated for album and record of the year so far.

UGH, UNDESERVED! where was dark knight's album of the year nomination????? smh.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Panther is currently hovering around 30-ish on my personal list. There's basically no chance it makes my year end list, but I'll give it a third watch sometime soon and see if it rebounds from the rewatch :thinking: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing about the BP best pic nomination is the salt of the haters. My glass is already overflowing from their tears on other forums.

 

Seriously though, there's a "4-channing" of popular culture where some people have taken it upon themselves to complain about everything minority related.  I'm not saying that's the case here but I've seen far too much uproar about a possible Oscar best pic nom for BP that i can only assign it to the same 'anti-sjw" nonsense that's permeating popular opinion.

 

A few years ago, no one GAVE A SHIT about the Golden Globes but now people freak out about BP being nominated, like come on dude.  Same with the Oscars, folks were always harping about how they wanted superhero movies to get more recognition but now it's a BLACK led hero, it becomes TOO much recognition. 

 

LOL..folks need to let this shit go and let people enjoy what they enjoy. There are a ton of white led movies, superhero and/or otherwise, let the folks behind BP enjoy their work and let the fans celebrate it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Deathlife said:

The best thing about the BP best pic nomination is the salt of the haters. My glass is already overflowing from their tears on other forums.

 

Seriously though, there's a "4-channing" of popular culture where some people have taken it upon themselves to complain about everything minority related.  I'm not saying that's the case here but I've seen far too much uproar about a possible Oscar best pic nom for BP that i can only assign it to the same 'anti-sjw" nonsense that's permeating popular opinion.

 

A few years ago, no one GAVE A SHIT about the Golden Globes but now people freak out about BP being nominated, like come on dude.  Same with the Oscars, folks were always harping about how they wanted superhero movies to get more recognition but now it's a BLACK led hero, it becomes TOO much recognition. 

 

LOL..folks need to let this shit go and let people enjoy what they enjoy. There are a ton of white led movies, superhero and/or otherwise, let the folks behind BP enjoy their work and let the fans celebrate it.

Words spoken so beautifully. It's not Ryan Cooper's fault he made a phenomenon. Maybe the other MCU film filmmakers needs to step their game up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YLF said:

Black Panther racking up nominations at the Grammys, too. Nominated for album and record of the year so far.

8 noms for the soundtrack and another nomination for the score. 

 

Are we underplaying "All The Stars" at the Oscar's? Would be funny if it managed to beat ASIB and MP

  • Astonished 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.