Jump to content

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Social media reactions on p.172

Recommended Posts

This is gonna be fun

 

Also congrats to Letita Wright

 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

This is gonna be fun

 

Also congrats to Letita Wright

 

 

This movie just keeps winning. Big Congrats to the MCU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is obviously an unpopular opinion, but I couldn’t get behind Letitia Wright in the movie. I wanted to like Shuri, but I found it really difficult to look past her attempts at being funny. I don’t care what anyone says, that “WHAT ARE THOSE” scene was awful, and that’s pretty much all I can think of in regards to Shuri. Before anyone tries to justify that cringey scene by saying that the movie takes place in 2016, just keep in mind that “WHAT ARE THOSE” is from a 2015 vine. By 2016, it had pretty much been overshadowed by “DAMN DANIEL”. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

This is obviously an unpopular opinion, but I couldn’t get behind Letitia Wright in the movie. I wanted to like Shuri, but I found it really difficult to look past her attempts at being funny. I don’t care what anyone says, that “WHAT ARE THOSE” scene was awful, and that’s pretty much all I can think of in regards to Shuri. Before anyone tries to justify that cringey scene by saying that the movie takes place in 2016, just keep in mind that “WHAT ARE THOSE” is from a 2015 vine. By 2016, it had pretty much been overshadowed by “DAMN DANIEL”. 

I agree! Scene would have been so much better if Shuri had gone “Damn T’challa, back at it again with those traditional sandals”. 

 

C’mon Shuri get on with the times

#GetWokeShuri

Am I rite?

 

The British Academy are totally out of their minds! Those hacks cant tell their 2015 memes from the 2016 memes

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I agree! Scene would have been so much better if Shuri had gone “Damn T’challa, back at it again with those traditional sandals”. 

 

C’mon Shuri get on with the times

#GetWokeShuri

Am I rite?

 

The British Academy are totally out of their minds! Those hacks cant tell their 2015 memes from the 2016 memes

Jokes aside, I would personally rather they not have included any meme references to begin with. It comes across as very “How do you do, fellow kids”. The only way I’d be willing to accept referencing Internet memes in a movie is if the movie is specifically about Internet culture. Otherwise? Just don’t do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

This is obviously an unpopular opinion, but I couldn’t get behind Letitia Wright in the movie. I wanted to like Shuri, but I found it really difficult to look past her attempts at being funny. I don’t care what anyone says, that “WHAT ARE THOSE” scene was awful, and that’s pretty much all I can think of in regards to Shuri. Before anyone tries to justify that cringey scene by saying that the movie takes place in 2016, just keep in mind that “WHAT ARE THOSE” is from a 2015 vine. By 2016, it had pretty much been overshadowed by “DAMN DANIEL”. 

Ehh. Sounds like nitpicking. That particular scene is one of my favorites and one of the best in the movie, imo. The dynamic between her and T'Challa, the way she would tease him and he'd tell her to stop, was just great and felt really authentic to me. And I have to say, I think this movie does as good a job as any in the genre of balancing humor and drama, definitely the best I've seen in the MCU. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kendrick lamar and co won best rap performance for Kings Dead from the Black Panther album. 

 

Black Panther won 2 grammy total tonight including this and best original score for movie.

 

In other news Ludwig Göransson, who composed BP’s score, won SoTY and RoTY with Childish Gambino for This is America. 

 

I was also surprised to see Shallow being snubbed for Record of the Year. But I guess This is America makes more sense. It had way more impact

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Also congrats to Letita Wright

that's actually one of the few prizes I hoped for (the most of the others - no matter if Black Pnther was even nominatd - I am not really interested into)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Black Panther won two Grammy's and two Baftas yesterday. My God the huge success of this movie has to be a nightmare for the haters.  Here we are a year later in the movie is still knocking down our road blocks.

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This is obviously an unpopular opinion, but I couldn’t get behind Letitia Wright in the movie. I wanted to like Shuri, but I found it really difficult to look past her attempts at being funny. I don’t care what anyone says, that “WHAT ARE THOSE” scene was awful, and that’s pretty much all I can think of in regards to Shuri. Before anyone tries to justify that cringey scene by saying that the movie takes place in 2016, just keep in mind that “WHAT ARE THOSE” is from a 2015 vine. By 2016, it had pretty much been overshadowed by “DAMN DANIEL”. 

most of the actors in BP were poor but Letitia Wright was a standout in being especially shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought she was great. my favourite performance in the movie

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Wright was one of the things I really loved about the movie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The acting in Black Panther was one of the film's strongest suits, especially compared to the majority of MCU films. The deleted scene between Okoye and W'Kabi was particularly noteworthy and remains my favorite dialogue in any of the films.

 

Letitia Wright was spectacular as Shuri though. She found the perfect balance and put some wonderful levity and charisma into the character.

Edited by svetlana99
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, finally some good acting in the MCU.

Thank you Black Panther.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Letitia Wright's acceptance speech was the best 

 

I'm still waiting for that Shuri and Peter Parker team up in Spider-Man 3: Something Something Home

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The acting in BP was some of the strongest in the MCU.

 

Personally I think Brolin as Thanos is the best performance in the MCU so far, 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  apologize if this has already been answered: I was just checking Box Office Mojo's list of top grossing superhero origin films (https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superheroorigin.htm), and  Wonder Woman sits at number 1. I assumed that it would be # 2 since Black Panther grossed more. Was BP's origin first shown in a previous film? Is there a technicality that I missed?

Thanks!

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I  apologize if this has already been answered: I was just checking Box Office Mojo's list of top grossing superhero origin films (https://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superheroorigin.htm), and  Wonder Woman sits at number 1. I assumed that it would be # 2 since Black Panther grossed more. Was BP's origin first shown in a previous film? Is there a technicality that I missed?

Thanks!

Black Panther isn't an origin movie. He's already Black Panther when the movie starts.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruth Carter won best costume award in SciFi/Fantasy film for Black Panther at the Costume Designers Guild Awards 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.