Jump to content
Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Social media reactions on p.172

Recommended Posts

Now that we have Thursday numbers, I thought I'd mention that Black Panther's post-Easter week was kind of freakishly close to Beauty and the Beast's post-Easter week.   

 

M: 2.115 vs 1.635 (BP -480k)

T: 1.697 vs  1.667 (BP -30k)

W: 1.300 vs  1.397 (BP +97k)
Th: 1.291 vs 1.302 (BP +11k)   

 

For totals of 6.4 for BatB vs 6.0 for BP.   

 

BatB went on to make 9.66M the following weekend.

 

 

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really surprised at this passing Titanic but then I realized that Titanic is like 20+ years old

 

The super mega phenomenal (domestic) success of this movie really makes believe that Lion King 2019 will be the DOM and WW champ of the year

I got a lot of Lion King vibes in some scenes in this and if they can replicate the African pride aspect in the marketing for TLK then wow

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Experience the worldwide phenomenon

 

lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

 

lol

Still hasn't picked up a dictionary.

 

Still can't understand the definition of the word 'phenomenon'.

 

Still can't stop trolling Black Panther threads with his incessant trolling.

 

Is this poster immune to being modded and/or warned? Or does everybody just ignore him?

Edited by svetlana99
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, svetlana99 said:

Still hasn't picked up a dictionary.

 

Still can't understand the definition of the word 'phenomenon'.

 

Still can't stop trolling Black Panther threads with his incessant trolling.

 

Is this poster immune to being modded and/or warned? Or does everybody just ignore him?

lol relax, I'm not interested in arguing the about the use of the word. I thought it was it was funny that Marvel themselves called it a phenomenology (even if just marketing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most excited i've been over a blu ray release for a film i've seen. This trailer is straight ♨🔥🌋.  Right on time for an important bday present (though ill likely wait for the phase 3 boxset to personally own it). Thanks for the headsup fabiopazza2 so i can preorder the Target steelbook or best buy special edition before it sells out how Ragnorok did in < a month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this DVD include extra footage? I haven't bought a dvd in so long. Do you have to wait for the Blu-ray with extra footage or is this the only dvd that they'll be releasing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit, UHD is releasing with digital a week before the standard Blu? :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

 

Take note, Universal (Phantom Thread UHD comes out the same day this does despite the standard Blu releasing tomorrow)

Edited by WrathOfHan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YLF said:

Does this DVD include extra footage? I haven't bought a dvd in so long. Do you have to wait for the Blu-ray with extra footage or is this the only dvd that they'll be releasing?

 

My guess is that it’s the standard movie slapped on with the standard B-Roll footage and “sound bite” interviews merged together to create 5 minute “featurettes” like Disney normally does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YLF said:

Does this DVD include extra footage? I haven't bought a dvd in so long. Do you have to wait for the Blu-ray with extra footage or is this the only dvd that they'll be releasing?

Do you mean like a director's cut or just regular BTS stuff? No MCU film has ever had an extended/director's cut released so this won't be any different, if that's what you mean.

 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Holy shit, UHD is releasing with digital a week before the standard Blu? :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

 

Take note, Universal (Phantom Thread UHD comes out the same day this does despite the standard Blu releasing tomorrow)

That sentence was so weirdly written I didn't really take it in, but that's definitely a first to have the UHD released before the regular blu-ray. Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Do you mean like a director's cut or just regular BTS stuff? No MCU film has ever had an extended/director's cut released so this won't be any different, if that's what you mean.

 

That sentence was so weirdly written I didn't really take it in, but that's definitely a first to have the UHD released before the regular blu-ray. Interesting.

 I mean like deleted scenes or I guess a directors cut. Is it even worth purchasing then if it'll be on netflix in like 3-4 months lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YLF said:

 I mean like deleted scenes or I guess a directors cut. Is it even worth purchasing then if it'll be on netflix in like 3-4 months lol

The blu-ray will definitely have special features as all MCU films at least have director's commentary, deleted scenes, gag reel, and a few featurettes. But no director's cut as I said before, Disney don't do those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blu-ray/DVD release is on May 15

13 weekends in theaters before the home video release like Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. The date was likely set way before the movie even came out.

Edited by Mojoguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else wish Disney delayed the dvd release for a few weeks to get in some more money? These early home video releases always bother me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Anyone else wish Disney delayed the dvd release for a few weeks to get in some more money? These early home video releases always bother me.

I mean it doesn’t bother me, but it does cut its legs a bit. Blur-ray releases literally 3 months after and even less on digital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.