Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Social media reactions on p.172

Now that we have Thursday numbers, I thought I'd mention that Black Panther's post-Easter week was kind of freakishly close to Beauty and the Beast's post-Easter week.   

M: 2.115 vs 1.635 (BP -480k)

T: 1.697 vs  1.667 (BP -30k)

W: 1.300 vs  1.397 (BP +97k)
Th: 1.291 vs 1.302 (BP +11k)   

For totals of 6.4 for BatB vs 6.0 for BP.   

BatB went on to make 9.66M the following weekend.

• Astonished 1

I was really surprised at this passing Titanic but then I realized that Titanic is like 20+ years old

The super mega phenomenal (domestic) success of this movie really makes believe that Lion King 2019 will be the DOM and WW champ of the year

I got a lot of Lion King vibes in some scenes in this and if they can replicate the African pride aspect in the marketing for TLK then wow

• Like 2

Experience the worldwide phenomenon

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lol

Still hasn't picked up a dictionary.

Still can't understand the definition of the word 'phenomenon'.

Still can't stop trolling Black Panther threads with his incessant trolling.

Is this poster immune to being modded and/or warned? Or does everybody just ignore him?

Edited by svetlana99
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, svetlana99 said:

Still hasn't picked up a dictionary.

Still can't understand the definition of the word 'phenomenon'.

Still can't stop trolling Black Panther threads with his incessant trolling.

Is this poster immune to being modded and/or warned? Or does everybody just ignore him?

lol relax, I'm not interested in arguing the about the use of the word. I thought it was it was funny that Marvel themselves called it a phenomenology (even if just marketing)

Most excited i've been over a blu ray release for a film i've seen. This trailer is straight ♨🔥🌋.  Right on time for an important bday present (though ill likely wait for the phase 3 boxset to personally own it). Thanks for the headsup fabiopazza2 so i can preorder the Target steelbook or best buy special edition before it sells out how Ragnorok did in < a month

Does this DVD include extra footage? I haven't bought a dvd in so long. Do you have to wait for the Blu-ray with extra footage or is this the only dvd that they'll be releasing?

Holy shit, UHD is releasing with digital a week before the standard Blu? :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Take note, Universal (Phantom Thread UHD comes out the same day this does despite the standard Blu releasing tomorrow)

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, YLF said:

Does this DVD include extra footage? I haven't bought a dvd in so long. Do you have to wait for the Blu-ray with extra footage or is this the only dvd that they'll be releasing?

My guess is that it’s the standard movie slapped on with the standard B-Roll footage and “sound bite” interviews merged together to create 5 minute “featurettes” like Disney normally does.

5 minutes ago, YLF said:

Do you mean like a director's cut or just regular BTS stuff? No MCU film has ever had an extended/director's cut released so this won't be any different, if that's what you mean.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Holy shit, UHD is releasing with digital a week before the standard Blu? :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Take note, Universal (Phantom Thread UHD comes out the same day this does despite the standard Blu releasing tomorrow)

That sentence was so weirdly written I didn't really take it in, but that's definitely a first to have the UHD released before the regular blu-ray. Interesting.

15 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Do you mean like a director's cut or just regular BTS stuff? No MCU film has ever had an extended/director's cut released so this won't be any different, if that's what you mean.

That sentence was so weirdly written I didn't really take it in, but that's definitely a first to have the UHD released before the regular blu-ray. Interesting.

I mean like deleted scenes or I guess a directors cut. Is it even worth purchasing then if it'll be on netflix in like 3-4 months lol

6 minutes ago, YLF said:

I mean like deleted scenes or I guess a directors cut. Is it even worth purchasing then if it'll be on netflix in like 3-4 months lol

The blu-ray will definitely have special features as all MCU films at least have director's commentary, deleted scenes, gag reel, and a few featurettes. But no director's cut as I said before, Disney don't do those.

Blu-ray/DVD release is on May 15

13 weekends in theaters before the home video release like Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. The date was likely set way before the movie even came out.

Edited by Mojoguy

Anyone else wish Disney delayed the dvd release for a few weeks to get in some more money? These early home video releases always bother me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Anyone else wish Disney delayed the dvd release for a few weeks to get in some more money? These early home video releases always bother me.

I mean it doesn’t bother me, but it does cut its legs a bit. Blur-ray releases literally 3 months after and even less on digital.