Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Social media reactions on p.172

The biggest obstacle is probably his paycheck.

How about Tony Todd or Keith David - both the right age, great voices and physically commanding.

Between the two, I'm partial to Keith David.

• Like 1

Oh we are, and we’re doing what we always do, which is looking for the best filmmakers, the best writers, the best directors possible. So I’m not going to say for sure that we’re going to hire from any one demographic, but we’re meeting a lot of people. Reggie, for one, i’ve known for many many years, and he’s a great guy. I think I’m meeting with him again shortly. We will do what we’ve always done, which is hire what we believe to be the best people to write the films, and to direct the films.

• Like 1

I think it is a horrible date, only one reason for that - it releases 2 weeks before Justice League.

Yeah that will be a problem. I expect JL to be bigger, but hopefully this still does atleast CA:TFA numbers. 

I actually think Thor 3 and Black Panther should switch release dates, Thor 2 did alright in November last year and seems like a better fit. Panther needs to be summer tentpole. (imo)

B1DffjMCUAEN6Z5.jpg

The mask itself looks like something that could be wore by Batman in Batman Beyond film in the future if it happens.

• Like 2

The mask itself looks like something that could be wore by Batman in Batman Beyond film in the future if it happens.

Expect a lot of Batman comparisons heading into this. Of course Panther is inspired by Batman.

• Like 3

Best announcement of the day. I'm super hyped. Especially if Serkis is the main bad guy

• Like 1

Expect a lot of Batman comparisons heading into this. Of course Panther is inspired by Batman.

T'Challa is far more mentally well adjusted than Bruce. :D

• Like 7

The only difference is that Panther is completely covered while Batman's lower face is not most of the time even in the old days.

• Like 1

That suit looks like it could be made of vibranium IMO.  Makes him almost invincible. 

• Like 3

Would prefer it if they didn't imply this is only being done for "diversity".     Maybe they are doing them because they are two awesome characters?

I don't see the similarities.    Pointy head?

Would prefer it if they didn't imply this is only being done for "diversity".     Maybe they are doing them because they are two awesome characters?

Why not both? Two awesome characters that bring more diversity. Neat.

What is itchy about that?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

5 films, eh?

Well I guess we already know 4 of them:

Captain America: Civil War

Black Panther

Infinity War 1

Infinity War 2

So that just leaves one more.

Why not both? Two awesome characters that bring more diversity. Neat.

What is itchy about that?

The title of the article didn't mention a thing about how awesome those characters are.

Both would be nice, but putting that in the title implies Marvel is trying to fill some kind of quota or are pandering.   Those characters have been popular for decades...and not because of skin color or gender.   The title sounds insulting to the characters to me.   They deserve a movie on their own merits.

The title of the article didn't mention a thing about how awesome those characters are.

Both would be nice, but putting that in the title implies Marvel is trying to fill some kind of quota or are pandering.   Those characters have been popular for decades...and not because of skin color or gender.   The title sounds insulting to the characters to me.   They deserve a movie on their own merits.

Quoted from that article:

[...]

Captain Marvel will instead introduce another popular comics character to the MCU while building on the thematic threads established during Phase 3. The Carol Danvers character appears in Marvel’s Civil War comic series, which splits superherodom into two factions supporting and opposing the government’s Superhuman Registration Act. Those sides are led by Iron Man and Captain America, whose growing rift is seeded in a scene from Joss Whedon’s Avengers: Age Of Ultron that Feige showed to fans at Hollywood’s El Capitan this morning.

You can read it as "like Black Panther, Captain Marvel introduce a popular comics character to the MCU". So it is acknowledged that they're both popular characters in their own right. And they also add diversity to the whole MCU instead of just mining the existing roster.

So I don't know what your beef is. Best of both worlds.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1