Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

Neo

Black Panther | 16 FEB 2018 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed

5 hours ago, cmbbox2390 said:

This is such a poorly written article by Forbes. Where’s Scott Mendelson?

Can Disney Possibly Succeed With 'Black Panther' In China'?

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yes it can. Awesome Action + MCU + cool fast cars. What's up with Forbes and these shitty clickbait articles? 

3 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Too busy trying to gauge whether JL made a profit or not. 

@robcain is the reason why ... 

But this is his best lately. Almost put me to cry ... 

China Box Office: 'Jumanji' Drops To Second Place, $100M May Now Be Out Of Reach

2 hours ago, Durden said:

kodUeh2F_uI.jpg

That Kurta or whatever it is he is wearing is awesome. That embroidery is so cool on the front and at the cuffs

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

That Kurta or whatever it is he is wearing is awesome. That embroidery is so cool on the front and at the cuffs

Yeah, looks awesome! But it gives an asian-like touch rather than african. Looks like indian kurta for sure. 

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Let's say all the other Jan/Feb releases look something like this:

The Commuter - $30m

Paddington 2 - $50m

Proud Mary - $25m

12 Strong - $30m

Den of Thieves - $20m

Forever My Girl - $15m

Winchester - $30m

The 15:17 to Paris - $55m

Fifty Shades Freed - $95m

Peter Rabbit - $90m

Early Man - $20m

Samson - $35m

Annihilation - $25m

Every Day - $20m

Game Night - $60m

The War With Grandpa - $25m

Total: $600m

That's a solid $500m+ behind the Winter cume for the last 4 years, and still $250m+ behind 2013's abysmal take. Now if BP wasn't very appealing I wouldn't say it "has" to make up the difference just because something does, but considering that it definitely has a strong appeal factor, it's in the perfect position to post massive numbers and make up for the slack of the rest of the slate. I really do think 400+ is happening with any kind of good reception. 

Game Night could break out and Annihilation's marketing campaign is too good to go that low. 

Just now, tonytr87 said:

Game Night could break out and Annihilation's marketing campaign is too good to go that low. 

I feel like 60m could already be too generous for Game Night, it's only going above that if it has amazing WOM. Bateman and McAdams aren't draws, and in fact both of them tend to sink at the box office when they have to rely on their name to sell a movie. 

Annihilation has one of the most unappealing to a mainstream audience trailers I've seen in recent years. Can't imagine it's not going to bomb hard, unless marketing does some major course correcting soon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I feel like 60m could already be too generous for Game Night, it's only going above that if it has amazing WOM. Bateman and McAdams aren't draws, and in fact both of them tend to sink at the box office when they have to rely on their name to sell a movie. 

Annihilation has one of the most unappealing to a mainstream audience trailers I've seen in recent years. Can't imagine it's not going to bomb hard, unless marketing does some major course correcting soon. 

Annihilation: I disagree. I think they're selling it as horror and horror's big right now. 

Game Night: trailers matter very much with comedies, and Game Night's trailer has gone over well with audiences. 

53 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I don't think they know wtf they're selling Annihilation as, but we'll see. 

Annihilation sounds like a turn-off to moviegoers to me. I'm actually surprised that it's getting a wide release, Garland doesn't strike me as a mainstream audience friendly filmmaker. 

• Like 1

Portman also has a pretty awful DOM box office track record outside of her two franchises...

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 11:14 AM, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Why has the discussion on this much anticipated movie turned into analysis of asses? Jeez! 

Analy.....sis

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, JB33 said:

We know the drill by now. Deadline starts off with an impossibly obvious estimate and then it'll keep going up from there.

This will obviously open well over DOCTOR STRANGE.

Those are I believe early Industry Tracking numbers, they're not from Deadline.    Non sequels are usually harder to track and I think it's going up (there's certainly more buzz than for Strange) but early tracking doesn't always go up, sometimes it goes down or stays flat.

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Those are I believe early Industry Tracking numbers, they're not from Deadline.    Non sequels are usually harder to track and I think it's going up (there's certainly more buzz than for Strange) but early tracking doesn't always go up, sometimes it goes down or stays flat.

It's also based off studio expectation / estimate. If the film is really well-received, and reviews are good, and pre-sales are certainly strong, then the actual opening number weekend will probably go up.