MovieGuyKyle17

4 Day Weekend Box Office Perdictions: Mama (30.5m); Broken City (9.7m); Last Stand (6.6m) Nikki

Not surprising since del Toro produces overrated, childish garbage horror films. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark elicited similar reactions once the creatures were revealed.

Yeah, he's ruining his name with producing these crap films. The pacific rim trailer was decent though .

Arnie and Sly aren`t getting top action scripts anymore. Fact.

Of course not. The Expendables movies work as an action star minstrel show- they're doing their famous catchphrases, shooting up nameless drones, trying to get a little bit of love from the audience. Having said that, since The Last Stand is apparently decent, I'm sad that Arnie can't open an action movie anymore.

Of course not. The Expendables movies work as an action star minstrel show- they're doing their famous catchphrases, shooting up nameless drones, trying to get a little bit of love from the audience.Having said that, since The Last Stand is apparently decent, I'm sad that Arnie can't open an action movie anymore.

He`s too old. That`s a problem for all stars of genre movies that have certain age span atatched to them (action, comedy, teen,kids). if they can`t do anything else, they stop opening. New geenrations don`t care while those who grew up with their movies don`t buy them in those roles anymore.

Non-franchise action movies don't make money anymore unless you can somehow get Tom Cruise or Denzel Washington. Both of these actors are good for 80-100 million domestic, which is pathetic compared to 1990s action genre numbers.Edit - I don't think Mama is going to make $25 million+. All horror movies are frontloaded and this isn't going to be an exception.

Edited by TLK

That seems kind of low for Silver Linings Plabook

If you read my post above, you d realize it s not, but commenting such early numbers is an excercise in futility. Edited by The Futurist