BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Seeing Aladdin and Dumbo runs, I expect TLK with +30M or more. This is going to be massive for sure and the only real competition for it is Hobbs & Shaw 2 weeks later (2nd August) and Pets 2 (9th August). Top grossing film for the year in Spain

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

Seeing Aladdin and Dumbo runs, I expect TLK with +30M or more. This is going to be massive for sure and the only real competition for it is Hobbs & Shaw 2 weeks later (2nd August) and Pets 2 (9th August). Top grossing film for the year in Spain

dont think so Pets2 will give real competition to TLK  ... only threat is Hobbs & Shaw ... TLK is going to be massive ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunny Max said:

dont think so Pets2 will give real competition to TLK  ... only threat is Hobbs & Shaw ... TLK is going to be massive ...

The first Pets did €21m and nearly 4 million admissions.

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

but situation has been changed now ... Look at the Pets2 box office Performance .. hows the marketing & Buzz of Pets2 in Spain ??

I have not said it will repeat the same result than first part, but I think it will be tougher competition than Hobbs & Shaw. First of all because the target of Pets 2 is more similar to TLK than Furious saga. And because the fact that Pets is falling relative to first part does not imply it will drop in the same way everywhere. Animated genre uses to make very good numbers.

Said this, TLK will destroy everything, no matters what it faces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peludo said:

I have not said it will repeat the same result than first part, but I think it will be tougher competition than Hobbs & Shaw. First of all because the target of Pets 2 is more similar to TLK than Furious saga. And because the fact that Pets is falling relative to first part does not imply it will drop in the same way everywhere. Animated genre uses to make very good numbers.

Said this, TLK will destroy everything, no matters what it faces.

Yeah .. got it ... thank you ..  :) 

• Like 2

June 7th-9th:

9Il99kP.jpg

Astonishing drop for Aladdin after Fiesta del Cine. It has done the best 3rd weekend since "A Monster Calls".

To compare with "Beauty and the Beast":

3rd weekend: €2.31m (-50%) - €16.1m

4th weekend: €1.1m (-52%) - €18.0m

In terms of admissions, Aladdin is already over BatB because of low prices of Fiesta del Cine. BatB was at 2.7 million after 3rd weekend.

Applying logic and being conservative, Aladdin is heading to 20 million (x3 multiplier from this weekend), but if holds keep being so impressive we could see 23-24 million (Jungle Book added 6 million from a €2m 3rd weekend, for example). That 23-24 range would mean to match the original admissions figure (4.1 million).

Dark Phoenix (€1.1m) starts well behind Apocalypse (€1.6m). It had a x3 multiplier (€4.9m total). €3m should be reachable, but to go beyond that seems hard.

Rocketman holds well after the meh opening. I still keep the €3m projection.

Endgame has reached the top 10 unadjusted, outgrossing POTC2, which leaves top 10 after nearly 13 years. But I do not see enough fuel to beat The Two Towers (€29.8m) to get the #9 spot. Let's see if it is able to reach €29m. In terms of admissions it has just beaten Bohemian Rhapsody (4.47m vs 4.43m).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Aladdin run is impressive .. might touch 4 M admissions ...  

AEG run is not that impressive in Spain ... Looks like SH movies have less reach among GA 

SH genre has never been the strongest here. The former record was for Spider-man, with €22m. But that was made when the market was bigger than now.

Concerning EG, you have to take into account it is the 22nd film of a series. It is not an origin film which can be seen by everyone independently if they have seen the previous films or not.

And the evolution of Avengers films is quite revealing:

The Avengers: €16.2m

Age of Ultron: €12.1m

Infinity War: €20.5m

Endgame: about €29m

IMO, to reach the top 10 is an amazing result for a film like EG. Not everything can be liked in the same way everywhere. If that happened, this would be boring as hell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peludo said:

SH genre has never been the strongest here. The former record was for Spider-man, with €22m. But that was made when the market was bigger than now.

Concerning EG, you have to take into account it is the 22nd film of a series. It is not an origin film which can be seen by everyone independently if they have seen the previous films or not.

And the evolution of Avengers films is quite revealing:

The Avengers: €16.2m

Age of Ultron: €12.1m

Infinity War: €20.5m

Endgame: about €29m

IMO, to reach the top 10 is an amazing result for a film like EG. Not everything can be liked in the same way everywhere. If that happened, this would be boring as hell.

Hmm Perfect summarization .. but Spiderman (2002) achievement is more bigger than these SH movies ... without 3D & less Popular Genre in that era ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunny Max said:

Hmm Perfect summarization .. but Spiderman (2002) achievement is more bigger than these SH movies ... without 3D & less Popular Genre in that era ...

Maybe the reason of that is Spider-man was already very popular here. It sold 5.2 million admissions. In the same way than Superman in 1978 (5.2 million admissions) or Batman in 1989 (3.5 million admissions). Those 3 characters have always been considered the most famous (until MCU). Even X-Men were selling 2 million admissions in early 00s and now it is not able to reach 1 million.

And I insist, the market was way more attended 15-20 years ago than now. In early 00s, Spain was selling 130-140 million admissions per year. Right now, it barely sells 100 million.

And let's remember something basic: this is an American comic. The genre has never been as big in Europe as it is DOM, Asia or Latin America. We prefer other things. The result for EG here is really astonishing all factors considered.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, peludo said:

Maybe the reason of that is Spider-man was already very popular here. It sold 5.2 million admissions. In the same way than Superman in 1978 (5.2 million admissions) or Batman in 1989 (3.5 million admissions). Those 3 characters have always been considered the most famous (until MCU). Even X-Men were selling 2 million admissions in early 00s and now it is not able to reach 1 million.

And I insist, the market was way more attended 15-20 years ago than now. In early 00s, Spain was selling 130-140 million admissions per year. Right now, it barely sells 100 million.

And let's remember something basic: this is an American comic. The genre has never been as big in Europe as it is DOM, Asia or Latin America. We prefer other things. The result for EG here is really astonishing all factors considered.

Ok Fine ..

i do ask a lot questions from you ... hope you dont mind ..  :P 

can you tell me the reason why attendance is been low as compare to 15-20 years ago .. i mean market always grow with the passage of time ..

• Like 2

Pre-sales for tomorrow with new releases:

KIN (5 shows): 0 tickets sold. Low Top 10 or out

Le Mystère Henri Pick (5 Shows): 0 tickets sold. Low Top 10 or out

Tolkien (5 shows): 0 tickets sold. This could enter at mid Top 10. 100K is possible

Men In Black: International (12 Shows): 44 tickets sold

Film Tickets OW Comp
Alita: Battle Angel 144 1.73M 529K
Shazam! 97 1.5M 680K
Detective Pikachu 127 1.95M 675K
Hellboy 31 504K 715K
John Wick 3 48 668K 612K
X-Men: Fenix Oscura 106 1.19M 494K

This is looking horrible. 494-715K range. 600-700K possible opening weekend

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScareLol said:

Pre-sales for tomorrow with new releases:

KIN (5 shows): 0 tickets sold. Low Top 10 or out

Le Mystère Henri Pick (5 Shows): 0 tickets sold. Low Top 10 or out

Tolkien (5 shows): 0 tickets sold. This could enter at mid Top 10. 100K is possible

Men In Black: International (12 Shows): 44 tickets sold

Film Tickets OW Comp
Alita: Battle Angel 144 1.73M 529K
Shazam! 97 1.5M 680K
Detective Pikachu 127 1.95M 675K
Hellboy 31 504K 715K
John Wick 3 48 668K 612K
X-Men: Fenix Oscura 106 1.19M 494K

This is looking horrible. 494-715K range. 600-700K possible opening weekend

Even less than Hellboy .. woww

horrible 

• Like 2