BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

La Fiesta del Cine is back again. 495,368 admissions were sold on Tuesday. That is higher than the Tuesday of the May's edition (393,000). To put into perspective the number, it is a 708% higher than last week's Tuesday.

The top 10 is:

1. The Martian

2. Hotel Transylvania 2

3. The Intern

4. The last witch hunter

5. Mi gran noche (local film)

6. Truman (local film)

7. Crimson Peak

8. Black Mass

9. Regression

10. Paranormal Activity

• Like 3

La Fiesta del Cine has finished. It has been the second biggest edition, behind October 2014:

Tuesday: 495,368 adm (708% higher than last week's Tuesday)

Wednesday: 781,286 (+210% - Wed is usually the cheaper day of the week) 

Thursday: 711,202 (+942%)

Total: 2,002,546 admissions

For the record:

October 2014: 2,196,101

May 2015: 1,598,720

Ranking
1. The Martian

2. Hotel Transylvania 2

3. The Intern

4. The last witch hunter

5. Mi gran noche

6. Crimson Peak

7. Black Mass

8. Truman

9. Regression

10. Paranormal Activity

• Like 5

13 hours ago, quigquag33 said:

How does it compare to Skyfall? It seems very low to me in general.

Spectre 2nd wknd: €1.4m - Cume: €5.1m / 750,000 admissions

Skyfall 2nd wknd: €1.78m - Cume: €7.5m / 1,047,000 admissions

The only difference is that Skyfall opened on Wednesday, so whose data are after 12 days, instead Spectre, whose data are after 10 days. Anyway, after the 2nd weekend Spectre is well behind Skyfall's.

• Like 1

8 Apellidos Catalanes: €7.6m / 1,117,678 admissions. 3rd biggest local opening ever, behind The Impossible and Torrente 4. Not a record.

We should take into account that there was an enormous football match on Saturday (18:15 local time). It could have hurt it a bit. Anyway, many here were expecting more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peludo said:

8 Apellidos Catalanes: €7.6m / 1,117,678 admissions. 3rd biggest local opening ever, behind The Impossible and Torrente 4. Not a record.

We should take into account that there was an enormous football match on Saturday (18:15 local time). It could have hurt it a bit. Anyway, many here were expecting more.

What were you expecting? It is huge given we had a Madrid-Barça! Next weekend we could see a really good drop

14 minutes ago, stripe said:

What were you expecting? It is huge given we had a Madrid-Barça! Next weekend we could see a really good drop

I am not too optimistic. Reviews are horrible and according data of Friday (260k admissions) and Saturday (420k), I do not think that the match had affected too much. I see both figures quite coherent. Saturday is a bigger day than Friday. How much more it could have done if we had not had Clásico, maybe 100k admissions more?

We are talking about the sequel of 2nd biggest film ever here. Taking into account how massive was 8AV, how many people watched 8AV 10 days ago on TV (8 million people for a film that we have already seen 18 months ago), and massive promotion, I was seriously thinking in OW record (at least in admissions). I wish you are right, but I do not see a good drop next week. Critics are horrendous.