BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

4 hours ago, peludo said:

New films like Bohemian Rhapsody were released on Wednesday since Thursday was national holiday. If these data are from Friday-Sunday period, it would mean that Bohemian Rhapsody OW is at the same level than SH genre (Venom opened to €3.1m).

BR did €4M+ Wednesday-Sunday.

• Like 2

I could not post data last weekend. I give data of last 2 weekends now:

October 26th-28th

9vaXWqM.jpg

November 2nd-4th:

016Utok.jpg

Great opening for Bohemian Rhapsody. With standard drops it should reach 11-12 million.

Venom will fail reaching €10m, similar to both Deadpool films.

A star is born has already reached a x5.4 multiplier and it could even reach a x7 (about €5m thanks to a possible awards boost).

Incredibles 2 (€21.1m) left the top 25 last week, ranking #41 of all time, with similar numbers to Inside Out (€21.8m), Pets (€21.8m) or DM3 (€20.6m). It ranks #9 among animated films.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

November 9th-11th

66zXUlC.jpg

Bohemian Rhapsody flat relative to OW. With standard drops from now, it should reach 14-15m. But with a 1% drop after a quite big OW, who knows...

A star is born: x5.93 multiplier

Cold War: x6.53 (Cold War is being considered the best film of the year by many critics in Spain. It could continue its leggy run thanks to awards season).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

November 16th-18th:

5N4ES6O.jpg

FB1 OW: €4,159,319 (593,120 admissions). FB2 has had more admissions but a lower gross. The result is basically the same.

For reference, FB1 total: €13.332,398 (2,075,146 admissions)

Bohemian Rhapsody has a great hold again. As I said in the BR OS thread, €16m is locked and it starts to think in €20m (top 50 all time), next to Infinity War or Incredibles 2, what would be astonishing for a film of this type.

• Like 6

November 23rd-25th:

eiAcjBb.jpg

Superlópez is a local film based on a quite popular Spanish comic. It is a direct parody of Superman. It was created in 1973 and it has had quite success along the years. More info about the comic and the character here.

With this opening and holidays during next weeks it should try 7-8 million.

Fantastic Beasts is not holding as well as the first part did:

FB1 (2nd wknd): €2,282,674 - 325,076 adm (-45%).

The cume after 2nd weekend was €7,686,366, so FB2 is €800k behind. It should reach €10m, and maybe try €11m, but I am not sure if it will go higher (first part did over €13m).

Bohemian Rhapsody has another very good drop, under 30%. I think €18m are close to be locked, and €20m are becoming more and more probable. Incredible run,

A star is born continues in top10 after 8 weeks.

• Like 5

Weekend provisional data:

1. Wreck-it Ralph 2: €2.3m (NEW)

2. Superlópez: €1.4m (-22.5%)

3. Bohemian Rahpsody: €1.1m (-16%)

4. Grinch: €1.1m (-40%)

5. Fantastic Beasts: €0.6m (-37%)

Long weekend (both Thursday and Saturday have been National holidays), and many people have not worked on Friday. Better drops than usual. But even with that, the best hold among top 5 has been for Bohemian Rhapsody. It is becoming absurd. Yesterday it was reported that the cume is $21.7m, what means €19.1m with current ER. And it could easily do another €2.5-3m, and trying €22m.

That means to be the second biggest film of the year, just behind JW2.

In terms of market size and comparing to USA, it is equivalent to $375m DOM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

I give data of last 2 weekends:

November 30th - December 2nd

cAin4qH.jpg

December 7th-9th

NhTKGJA.jpg

Good opening for Ralph. Thanks to Christmas boost, it should easily match and outgross the first film (€9.7m and 1.5m admissions). Maybe 11-12 million.

Local film Superlópez is holding very well. It should reach 10-11 million.

Grinch is maybe headed to 7.5-8 million.

FB2 should definitely reach €11m, but still a couple of million behind first part.

Robin Hood flops like everywhere. We'll see if it makes €2m.

Among holdovers, both A star is born and Cold War are still in top 25 after 10 weeks.

Cold War has been nominated as best European film in Goya's awards (our Oscars), so it could still continue making some money. I see quite relevant that a Polish black and white drama gets 200,000 admissions.

And finally Bohemian Rhapsody, which has reached 3 million admissions. With the data reported on Sunday ($21.7m) and the ER we have had during last weeks (1.14) I had asumed a €19m cume after last weekend, but it is below that amount. It ranks #64 of all time right now.

Anyway, with a €1.2m weekend and the run it is having, I find hard it is not able to make another 2.5 or 3 million more. Heading to, at least, 21-21.5 million euros. That means it would rank between #35 and #40 of all time, on par to The Last Jedi, and over Incredibles 2 and Infinity War, for example. And we'll see if it is able to go beyond this...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'd be cautios to use the word "easily" when referring to Ralph's legs. It looks like a relatively strong opening followed by weak legs is the norm for this movie in most countries.

Peludo, do you have the top 10 of the year so far?

5 hours ago, Omni said:

I'd be cautios to use the word "easily" when referring to Ralph's legs. It looks like a relatively strong opening followed by weak legs is the norm for this movie in most countries.

Peludo, do you have the top 10 of the year so far?

1.JW2 €23.809M

2.I2 €21.004M

3.IW €20.441M

4.BR €18.7M+

5.Campeones €18.676M

6.HT3 €12.946M

7.50SoG3 € 12.008M

8.The Meg €10.862M

9.The Nun €10.537M

10.FB:CoW €9.674M

Something like that.

Edited by efialtes76