BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

1 hour ago, ScareLol said:

Padre No Hay Más Que Uno 2 continues to smash crossing 3M€ and going up 20% compared to last Wednesday (when it grossed 460K). 10M is possible, even more

Excellent and very needed numbers. This further proves that people are willing to go back to cinemas if there are interesting movies. IMO Disney should release 'Mulan' in Spain and other countries in Europe and the world that cinemas are open. I haven't gone to the cinema yet but that is because none of the movies playing interested me. First time I'll be going is for 'Tenet' and I would go for 'Mulan' too.

Disney decision is even more shocking to me when you consider that 'Aladdin', 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'The Lion King' all did more than $22M in Spain, with the latter even doing more than $30M. Even 'Dumbo' did something like $14M

1 hour ago, AN9815 said:

Excellent and very needed numbers. This further proves that people are willing to go back to cinemas if there are interesting movies. IMO Disney should release 'Mulan' in Spain and other countries in Europe and the world that cinemas are open. I haven't gone to the cinema yet but that is because none of the movies playing interested me. First time I'll be going is for 'Tenet' and I would go for 'Mulan' too.

Disney decision is even more shocking to me when you consider that 'Aladdin', 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'The Lion King' all did more than $22M in Spain, with the latter even doing more than $30M. Even 'Dumbo' did something like $14M

We need to wait for Disney Spain to say something about Mulan because cinemas need movies and Padre proves that people are anxious to come back and we know well that Spain goes HAM for Disney movies. And PVOD in Spain doesn't work pretty well because piracy is still rampant (less than before thanks to streaming services) and prices are high. I've already went to cinemas like 15 times after lockdown was over with independent releases and re-releases and people are starting to come back. Yesterday, I went to see The Hunt at 10PM and it was pretty packed

Edited by ScareLol
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ScareLol said:

We need to wait for Disney Spain to say something about Mulan because cinemas need movies and Padre proves that people are anxious to come back and we know well that Spain goes HAM for Disney movies. And PVOD in Spain doesn't work pretty well because piracy is still rampant (less than before thanks to streaming services) and prices are high. I've already went to cinemas like 15 times after lockdown was over with independent releases and re-releases and people are starting to come back. Yesterday, I went to see The Hunt at 10PM and it was pretty packed

Exactly, I would not be surprised if 'Padre no hay mas que uno 2' ends up grossing the same or even more than the first one despite COVID-19. I think 'Mulan' would do very well in Spain and theatres need movies like 'Mulan'. I have only been since lockdown in a drive in for 'Bloodshot' and 'Call of the Wild' and it was completely full. 

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

How is the rise in the number of cases affecting things? Do you think things can be contained before Tenet opens?

A lot of new cases but death rate is so low as of now and people are living "normal" life. Government closed nightclubs, pubs and things like that yesterday in the whole country. Cinemas are being labeled as safe right now because masks are mandatory if you are not consuming and social distancing is practiced with reduced seating

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

While despite the prolonged added new cases, the number of death seem to remain low.

Yes. Most of new cases (around 70%) are people under 30 years old, and most of them asymptomatic. But there are some early signs about some saturation in Madrid region

• Sad 1