BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

On 4/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, PKMLover said:

do you guys know what is the average legs for anime movie in Spain?

It depends of the type of anime movie. Ghibli films or Mankoto Shinkai's are usually leggy at the BO but franchise anime films are completely different because they are considered limited releases (few showtimes a day and 2-3 weeks of release) with exceptions like Dragon Ball or Kimetsu

Legs of Anime Films in Spain:

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - 1.60x

Lupin III - 1.94x

My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising - 1.73x

Shin-Chan in Australia - 1.78x

One Piece: Stampede - 1.56x

Weathering With You - 2.10x

Your Name - 2.65x

Detective Conan: The Fist Of Blue Sapphire - 1.38x

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1

Another weekend with big releases for Box Office. Nobody, Chaos Walking, Earwig and the Witch, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring and 8 more films are being released. Let's see how holds are for Mortal Kombat and Demon Slayer 

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

The reception from audience for DS is good there? You prediction for the legs?

Audience score is great, it has a 7.6 right now on Filmaffinity (the Spanish version of IMDB which is so harsh with ratings) and anime fans are raving about the film on Twitter. 2x legs could be amazing for this type of film so let's see numbers tomorrow to have a better picture

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1

FOTR is the 3rd most attended film in Spain in latest 20 years. Just Avatar and Spanish affairs (aka Ocho apellidos vascos) were able to beat it. Being my favorite blockbuster ever, I am really glad to see this reception. It is great to see it again in theaters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

On Saturday, Demon Slayer dropped to #5 and Fellowship still at #1. Look at Nomadland after the Oscars going up to #3

It kept #2 at Fri and dropped to #5 in Sat..... was their change in number of showings and seats? 

50 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

It kept #2 at Fri and dropped to #5 in Sat..... was their change in number of showings and seats? 

It's frontloading. The film is running out of gas and new releases (Nobody and Chaos Walking) and Nomadland (Oscar winner) have more shows than Kimetsu so this is normal behaviour

Top 5 last weekend. This week we have The Two Towers, Those Who Wish Me Dead, El Olvido que Seremos, a Colombian-Spanish prestigious film and smaller films like Great White, Four Good Days and Quo Vadis, Aida?

13 hours ago, Jiffy said:

Hmm wonder if FOTR will get enough out of this WW re-release to break $900m.

According BOM, it needs another $2.5m. I do not know if it have been released DOM yet, but it should be reachable.

Concerning Spanish figures, it is a pity that they are only at theaters for 1 week, because the 3 films could have accomplished more curious targets:

FOTR: It has already reached 7.1 million admissions, but it will not able to reach €32m (€31.66m right now)

TTT: It should reach €30m (€29.81m right now) and maybe 6.5 million admissions (6.43 right now), but it will not be enough to enter in both top 10 unadjusted (Joker €30.5m) and adjusted (The little priest with 6.59 million admissions). It will continue ranking #11 in both lists.

ROTK: It should reach €33m (€32.93m right now), but I do not know if it will be able to reach 6.9 million admissions (6.81 million right now), matching Star Wars (6,900,868 admissions).

Anyway, it is still the biggest HLW franchise ever in Spain. The 3 films over €30m and 6 million admissions (maybe over 6.5 too).

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1