BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Russia had a urgh final day. The sales seems were very PLF loaded. Won't be surprised with frontloaded ness.

For a film with general buzz, it need to be selling normal seating strong as well and not just IMAX, 4DX, etc.

These 4 theatres are complete opposite of that with Dune. The theatre doing amazing numbers is not a PLF one, it's selling like hot cakes in normal screens. iSense, D-BOX and reclined seating (the other 3) are doing normal business. Shang-Chi, Black Widow and F9 sold a lot more in PLF than in normal screens. Pretty weird 

Edited by ScareLol
  • Haha 1

DUNE PRE-SALES (D-0) - 1.346 tickets sold in 4 theatres (39 showtimes) (+382 tickets since last update 24 hours ago)

Great jump today. Dune becomes the biggest pre-seller during the pandemic in the theaters I've tracked surpasssing F9 with 1.100 tickets sold. One of the theaters (Manoteras) is heavily overperformings selling 816 tickets (3x BW, 7x F9, 2,75x TENET) for tomorrow while on the other hand, one is heavily underperforming (Plaza Loranca 2), selling 150 tickets (0,5x BW, 0,3x F9, 1x TENET). The other two theaters are doing similar numbers to F9 and BW.

Comps:
1,22x F9 (€3,42M OW)

1,36x BW (€2,22M OW)

1,59x Shang-Chi (€2,41M OW)

1,85x TENET (€2,78 OW)

Comps look hella strong for DUNE but I think it could be more frontloaded. I don't know how to predict this with big cities and PLF probably skewing the OW so take this with a grain of salt: €2M OW. BR2049 did €2.18M

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ScareLol said:

DUNE PRE-SALES (D-0) - 1.346 tickets sold in 4 theatres (39 showtimes) (+382 tickets since last update 24 hours ago)

Great jump today. Dune becomes the biggest pre-seller during the pandemic in the theaters I've tracked surpasssing F9 with 1.100 tickets sold. One of the theaters (Manoteras) is heavily overperformings selling 816 tickets (3x BW, 7x F9, 2,75x TENET) for tomorrow while on the other hand, one is heavily underperforming (Plaza Loranca 2), selling 150 tickets (0,5x BW, 0,3x F9, 1x TENET). The other two theaters are doing similar numbers to F9 and BW.

Comps:
1,22x F9 (€3,42M OW)

1,36x BW (€2,22M OW)

1,59x Shang-Chi (€2,41M OW)

1,85x TENET (€2,78 OW)

Comps look hella strong for DUNE but I think it could be more frontloaded. I don't know how to predict this with big cities and PLF probably skewing the OW so take this with a grain of salt: €2M OW. BR2049 did €2.18M

fantastic....also how shang chi 3 weekend looks like ? decent ?

NO TIME TO DIE PRE-SALES (D-4) - 247 tickets sold in 4 theatres (10 showtimes)

Not bad, Bond would be less frontloaded than Dune and SC. More showtimes will be added on Tuesday and Wednesday

Comps (D-4):

1,11x Shang-Chi (€1,68M OW)

0,73x Dune (€1,50M OW)

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ScareLol said:

Dune is at $4.9M after two weekends. This weekend could be lower than expected because we have Fiesta del Cine (tickets for 3.50€) from Monday to Thursday. 

I will post NTTD pre-sales tonight

We are also having that here from Monday to Wednesday, but awareness is very low and the lineup of movies available is shockingly unnappealing (we had no Dune in mid September).

Good hold for Dune (-40%). Maixabel (Spanish drama about ETA) debuts with great numbers and Dont Breathe 2 grosses more than Candyman and Escape Room 2. Cry Macho posted soft numbers. Saw Maixabel today on a matinee and it was full. Saw Dont Breathe 2 too and had 30 people at 10PM so not bad. We will know more about Fiesta del Cine 1st day tomorrow

NO TIME TO DIE PRE-SALES (D-3) - 357 tickets sold in 4 theatres (26 showtimes) (+110 tickets sold since last update 24 hours ago)

Better than Shang-Chi's D-3 (+80 tickets) but worse than Dune (+173 tickets).

Comps (D-3):

1,18x Shang-Chi (€1,79M OW)

0,66x Dune (€1,35M OW)

• Like 3

NO TIME TO DIE PRE-SALES (D-2) - 539 tickets sold in 4 theatres (32 showtimes) (+182 tickets sold since last update 24 hours ago)

Both comps increased. This is boding well for a great OW

Comps (D-2):

1,43x Shang-Chi (€2,17M OW)

0,72x Dune (€1,48M OW)

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NO TIME TO DIE PRE-SALES (D-1) - 818 tickets sold in 4 theatres (32 showtimes) (+279 tickets sold since last update 24 hours ago)

Dune sold 218 tickets on D-1 so this is great. Meanwhile, SC sold 130 on D-1. And like in Dune, the same theatre is heavily underperforming for the film while the other 3 are doing amazing. This is looking exciting.

Comps (D-1):

1,61x Shang-Chi (€2,45M OW)

0,85x Dune (€1,74M OW)

• Like 2

NO TIME TO DIE PRE-SALES (D-0) - 1.154 tickets sold in 4 theatres (32 showtimes) (+336 tickets sold since last update 24 hours ago)

Great last day, a bit less than DUNE (382 tickets) and practically the same as SC (339 tickets)

Comps:

1,05x F9 (€2,94M OW)

1,16x Black Widow (€1,90M OW)

1,36x Shang-Chi (€2,07M OW)

0,86x Dune (€1,76M OW)

€1,75-2M OW is a safe range but it could do more. Let's see how it behaves tomorrow because NTTD skews much older than SC and BW. Spectre did €2,7M OW and Skyfall did €3,1M OW

@ScareLol I think you should project FRI numbers based on pre-sales and then think how much weekend can be, as most of these films have very different trend in weekend.

Using your #s

SC - €740K FRI

BW - €700K
F9 - €840K FRI

Dune - €410k

I guess can see it do €750-800K. Then based on that what do you think weekend trend can be. BW and F9 were summer and somehow SC had very weak SAT and SUN. Dune had big growth on SAT. So upto you to decide the weekend trend.

I guess.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

@ScareLol I think you should project FRI numbers based on pre-sales and then think how much weekend can be, as most of these films have very different trend in weekend.

Using your #s

SC - €740K FRI

BW - €700K
F9 - €840K FRI

Dune - €410k

I guess can see it do €750-800K. Then based on that what do you think weekend trend can be. BW and F9 were summer and somehow SC had very weak SAT and SUN. Dune had big growth on SAT. So upto you to decide the weekend trend.

I guess.

The problem here and why I did the entire weekend is because I don't have access to ComScore or something similar to have the breakdown per day for films so it's extremely difficult to extrapolate numbers and trends only having the weekend ones

Edited by ScareLol

11 minutes ago, ScareLol said:

The problem here and why I did the entire weekend is because I don't have access to ComScore or something similar to have the breakdown per day for films so it's extremly difficult to extrapolate numbers and trends only having the weekend ones

usually Taquilla Espana and Franspeech tweet FRI numbers on Twitter, no?