Neo

JJ Abrams To Direct Episode VII

Kennedy contacted Abrams in early January and went to visit the filmmaker at the Santa Monica offices of his Bad Robot production company. Kennedy is said to have won over the filmmaker with her pitch.

Episode VII is set for release in 2015, but sources say Abrams has not committed to that release date, meaning the date could be changed if the development process requires it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/official-jj-abrams-closes-deal-415603

I am happy although I think this is the kind of film that will be made by a committee. I would love to know what's happening behind the scene with Paramount–were they blind sighted? Does this mean he won't direct Trek III? Does this benefit them in an unexpected way? etc..

I am happy although I think this is the kind of film that will be made by a committee.

If they learned anything from POTC sequels experience than they won`t let the committee ruin Marvel properties and SW. Committteee trully ran POTC into the ground.

well as long as star trek doesnt suffer from this !!!! bad robot has a good team so i guess we'll see! wonder what lucas thinks..

Abrams will back for III, but not as a director yet (will see on that). On ST2 this will not interfere with the quality/release of the movie. If PAR waits we could get ST3 by 2017 (4 year gap same as I and II). If Abrams is set for the trilogy forget about ST3.

I agree but I think a lot of people are going to have their say in it. 

That`s for sure but their say doesn`t necessarily mean bad say. Creative freedom resulted in some awful overindulgent mess such as  King Kong, Funny People and John Carter.

It`s good to have second opinion. However, bad say would be "Lets make Keira Knightley into Pirate KIng and give her Crispians Day speech because she threatened not to come back unless we give her a sword. " Or "Lets turn Paris into a hero who rides into the sunset with Helen because Orlando Bloom doesn`t want to upset his fangirls."

• Like 1