Hiccup

Hiccup's Critical Review Year 6

I find it odd how you think MatS and BHfH are solid films, yet you give them rotten scores.

Solid in my opinion doesn't mean it is good. It is a film that just goes through the motions and nothing more. A solid film at best gets a 50% score and at lowest a 35%

The Book of 4Chan- 15%

While funny in some parts, The Book of 4Chan is gravely offensive and feels awkward to watch. 

Predictions: The film has a limited run for the most part and it doesn't appeal to a broad audience. Look for a 10-15M finish for this vulgar flick. 

I tried to make it offensive because thats basically what 4chan is. it's a study of a site thats full of these angst-ridden males that curse and act stupid.

Expedecade- 80%

Expedecade is another dashing and brilliantly done Bond film thanks to Michael Fassbender's great performance, Christopher Nolan's magical direction, and powerful visuals. The story is no where as Lord Manship and the film moves too fast in most parts giving little time for character development. Thankfully we know Bond already but hopefully in the future the series can slow down the films and give more time to character development. 

Bond is hot at the box office right now and Lord Manship was very well received giving this film a great foundation to work off of. Look for a five-day weekend close to 100M and a finish between around the neighborhood of 300M. Word of mouth will probably be weaker than Lord Manship. 

• Like 1

Last Ditch Effort- 89%

Ignore the obnoxious and completely not creative title for this film. Last Ditch Effort is a visual treat with great performances by its cast. This film is definitely a surprise for me since I thought I would hate it. The cinematography is stunning and the plot of the film is fast paced and exciting. I honestly am blown away by how much I enjoyed this film. The film definitely earns the genre description of EPIC historical. The film is a great terrific to the summer season. 

Prediction: Historical epics struggle at the box office sadly. Last Ditch Effort thankfully doesn't face major competition in the following weekends and should hold relatively well throughout May. I am suspecting a 60M opening weekend and a finish close to 200M. I would personally love to see this break 75M+ opening weekend and cruise to a 250M+ finish but I doubt that will happen given the nature/genre of the film. Big overseas numbers however 500M+

Very surprised that you thought it wasn't as good as Lord Madship; I personally wish I could rewrite Lord Madship to be in more of a serious tone. Still, thanks for the positive review, and I'm definitely aiming for it to be my first $300M DOM film.

Careful Laid Plans- 75%

This is a long movie and it definitely feels like a long movie however that doesn't mean it is bad. The Coen brothers are great directors and I greatly enjoyed their new film, Careful Laid Plans. While the film has a slow and tedious beginning, it manages to pull you in with terrific acting from Joseph Gorden-Levitt and mostly Rooney Mara. DiCapro felt weak in the film and his character was more meh. Crime drama isn't my interest but I would definitely recommend this film. 

Prediction: The film has a slow roll out in theaters that always is a big risk. Honestly this could do from 30M to 100M. Audiences might not grab on to the film which could lead to a disappointing wide expansion (J. Edgar and Hereafter...both Eastwood films  :lol: ) However the Coen's name is well known to audiences and does have a following. I am seeing a sturdy run to 65M for this film. 

L.A. Noire- 62%

To be blunt L.A. Noire is a generic action/crime flick. Mark Walhberg is a perfect cast and he does his normal action film acting. The film is fun and entertaining but easily forgettable. The film clearly is more of a big blockbuster film than a Oscar driven film. 

Predictions: L.A. Noire is a very popular video game and the film does a great job of giving the intended audiences what they want. I have to give it credit for that. L.A. Noire has little to no competition in April and the release date is prime. Look for a 35M opening weekend and a closer in the area of 105-110M. I definitely could see this maybe break 125M. 

• Like 1

Cardinal of the Kremlin- 79%

Chastain shines in this film. She is amazing. Pine does a great job as Jack Ryan. The film is slow in parts but that is easily forgivable given the nature of the film. The film is suspensive and keeps you watching. Phillip Noyce is a good director but not great. This film is basically the typical Numbers action flick that everybody loves :P This definitely isn't Numbers strongest film but it is still a good film.

Predictions: This film won't see the excellent legs The Hunt for Red October saw. Planwalkers 2 will definitely impact the second weekend of this film but Cardinal of the Kremlin should do well until Christmas when Bond enters the arena. I am seeing a 50M opening weekend and a finish around 175M.

Avarice- 99%

Nirvana swept my reviews in Year 4 with the all time rating of 98% tying with Rapture for best film since the beginning of CAYOM 2.0. Avarice dominates Year 6 as expected. With revolutionary visuals and cinematography, Avarice triumphs in acting and story telling. The Nirvana and Avarice have accomplished more than sci-fi greats like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Avatar. Avarice had a tough goal to beat Nirvana and well it did! :) Avarice has become the most critical acclaimed film in CAYOM 2.0 history according to Hiccup's Critical Review. Steven Spielberg has had a shaky career but the Nirvana/Avarice series has made the world recognize that he is truly the king of modern cinema. The score of the film is terrific and makes you get goose bumps. Russell Crowe is should definitely see an Oscar coming for his performance. If you only can see one film this year, see Avarice!

Predictions: Nirvana topped 200M in five days and 112M in three days. Anticipation is sky high and everything is leaning toward a massive opening weekend. Nirvana finished with 416M and Avarice should destroy 600M. I am predicting a 185M opening weekend and a finish around 610M domestically. Look for a worldwide finish close to 1.5 billion. 

• Like 2

Cardinal of the Kremlin- 79%

This film is basically the typical Numbers action flick that everybody loves 

Action film? Did someone hack into what I posted? There's not really much action at all in the movie, it's all spy drama stuff.

Edited by 4815162342

Honey Boo-Boo Makes a Movie- 20%

This film is so bad that it is good. Despite the long running time and awful script, the film holds you attention with hilarious laughs and awkward acting. 

Predictions: Honey Boo-Boo is a hot topic right now but I doubt audiences will grab on to this film. 12M opening weekend and a finish around 25M. 

• Like 2

Guess to the Top 25!

1. In our top 25 there are three horror films but only sadly two animated films.

2. In place 21 there is a film that will definitely appeal to the fly over states....surprise 

3. Three films are based off acclaimed novels or plays while only on is based off a video game.

4. If comics count then there are six.

5. First and last place belong to big budget material.

6. Four surprises are found in our top 10 and they will not show up in anybody else's.

7. Two cult hits are found in the 25.

8. One film that was intended to be a hit isn't found in the 25.

9. Creator claims three films in the top 10

10. But Numbers can only muster one

Edited by Andrew the Alien