Hiccup

Hiccup's Critical Review Year 6

20. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune- While it doesn't quit develop its characters and filled with average acting, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a fun, entertaining, and action filled adventure that reminds me much of the fun of Pirates of the Caribbean. This was literally one of the funnest and most enjoyable films of Year 6. I can definitely see blockbuster numbers. 

19. Aquaman- David Yates's direction is perfect along with Hedlund's performance as Aquaman. The running time is a tad long but the film keeps you entertained. Aquaman is easily my favorite superhero/film in this roll out of DC Comic films. Oh and I enjoyed the strong visuals and the 3D worked really well with the underwater scenes. 

18. Best Friends- Bradley Cooper is a talented actor and he shines in this film. The film is a very well done comedy/drama thanks to Jason Reitman's direction, excellent pacing, and well crafted script. 

17. Isolation- Suspenseful and entertaining, Isolation is a surprise hit. Liam Neeson's performance is unquestionably great and his surrounding cast compliments the film in a positive way. 

16. Careful Laid Plans- Already Reviewed

Edited by Andrew the Alien
  • Like 4

15. Sir Thymes Time: An enjoyable film with great animation and score. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are terrific directors and they flawlessly direct this heart warming animated film. The star ridden voice cast did a fantastic job and the 3D complements the film. 

14. Cardinal in the Kremlin: Already Reviewed

13. The Screwtape Letters: Guillermo Del Toro strikes again perfectly in this difficult book to film adaption. Screwtape Letters has a haunting score and amazing performances by Gary Oldman and Liam Hemoswirth as the despicable demon uncle and nephew. A must see film!

12. Mysteries of the Beyond: With stunning visuals and intense story telling, Jack Bender’s sci-fi film soars to heights. The acting is terrific and the film is complemented by a fantastic score from Giacchino. The premise of the film is fairly original and intriguing. Mysteries of the Beyond rises above the average summer popcorn flicks.  

11. Expedecade: Already Reviewed

• Like 1

Worst Films of Year 610. The Book of 4Chan- 15% 9. Love Song- 15%8. Left Behind- 13%7. Impact of Sir Roger the Alien 2- 10%6. Jekyll Jr.- 8%5. Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys- 6%4. Whorehouse- 4%3. 3:38AM- 4%2. Vague Genre Movie- 2%1. The Female Man- 1%

Edited by Andrew the Alien
  • Like 3

10. 451: Alfonso Cuaron is one of my favorite directors and he doesn’t fail me with 451. The powerful script, strong acting, and dark mood of the film are what make this film great. 451 is one of the best dystopian films in a long time. 

9. High Life: Ryan Gosling commands this film. While not the best drama of the year, High Life still is quality drama because of the very effective script, well execuation, and solid direction. 

8. Wicked: Samantha Barks is on fire this year and so are musicals. Wicked is successful in recreating the Broadway phenomenon onto cinema. Blunt and Barks command the film while the rest of the cast complements them well. The 3D is fantastic along with the songs. The visuals and cinematography of the Land of Oz are breathtaking for a mere 75 million budget. Baz Luhrmann isn’t my favorite director but he does a great job with this film. 

7. The Stuff of Legend: Into the Dark: Andrew Stanton has saved his career with this triumphant big budget flick. The cast is fantastic and the film keeps you engaged for the two hour running time. The film takes a not so original idea and makes it into an amazing film that is greatly underrated by other critics. The visuals are simply stunning and the entire budget was used correctly. 

6. 24 Hours: 24 Hours is a satisfying drama with strong acting and a well-crafted plot line. Ben Affleck has become a powerful director and 24 Hours proves this. The direction in this is some of the best if not the best of the year. Yelchin did a fantastic job in the film also.