Crunching the Numbers: Year 6

ChD may end up having the most successful CAYOM debut film since Year 12 of CAYOM 1.0

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Giant Spiders

When Hosting the Oscars Isn't Enough

So once upon a time Numerator Pictures started making yearly films about Liam Neeson being badass and fighting various foes. Then Blankments Productions decided to one-up that gambit and make a team-up film series with Liam Neeson and Chuck Norris fighting various mythological creatures. Meanwhile, Guernica Films made a pair of movies about Giant Spiders killing, mauling, and raping every nubile teen they could find. The result is that Blankments Productions and Guernica Films have formed their own team-up, to depict Blankments' team of action heroes fighting against Guernica's eight-legged villains.

The result is a 3 volume behemoth of 258 minutes, that's right, 4 HOURS AND 18 MINUTES, spread over 3 short films and several fake trailers. I hope you got an iron bladder because you ain't getting up for a moment because this is a schlockfest so glorious in its B-movie insanity, ineptitude, and grime that it becomes one of the most enjoyable experiences of the entire year. You have your usual team of 6 saving the world against giant spiders, rescuing a previously unknown but now conveniently in peril long-lost family member, rap battles, cameos, Quentin Tarantino, SANTA CLAUS, and more.

Is this a good film, objectively? Oh hell no, it isn't. Should you care about that? Of course not. Sit your ass down and enjoy the fucking ride.

• Like 6

It's Now Time for the Top 25 Guessing Game. Here is how it works.

Stage 1

I have arranged Films #25-#6 in alphabetical order. I will post clues for the films, 5 at a time, alternating between alphabetical order and reverse alphabetical order for the films posted. You will then attempt to guess what film the clue refers to AND what spot in my ranking the film is at.

If you guess a film right, you get 1 point. If you guess the film AND its ranking right, you get 3 points.

Some clues will be fairly easy. Others will be very difficult

So here we begin:

Film #1- Events don't occur in real time

Film #2- Too out there for Midwestern locations

Film #3- Proof that when you take material away from a director, the material improves from that director's version

Film #4- #Horses and Bayonets

Film #5- Makes you want to listen to Queen

Edited by 4815162342

Edit: Blankments the removal was an error that I will correct.

Film #1

6. 24 Hours

Film #2

18. Wicked

Film #3

25. Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise

Film #4

23. The Vast Dark: God is an American

Film #5

15. Best Friends (seriously the clue for this is super easy if anyone knows Queen)

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

Score after Round 1 of Stage 1:

Blankments- 1 point

All others- 0

Round 2 begins!

Film #1- Killer at the driving range

Film #2- Don't worry, he's not a pedophile

Film #3- The kind of things Murphy's Law loves to mess with

Film #4- 2000s-era Green Day would be all over this

Film #5- John Goodman wishes he was invited to this film

Edited by 4815162342