Alpha

CAYOM Year 7 Advance Schedule

I think blue Belt would be in a better position if it were scheduled for June 16. That way we would have the three big animated films, Spark 2 and Blue Belt and Star Fox, would each be seperated by 2 weeks.

Blue Belt will break out on either weekend, though its legs remain to be seen if it keeps its date.

I think one of the animated movies could move to September. I don't think there's any there yet. Also, End of February/Beginning of March is open.

I wouldn't consider moving Star Fox to September. It's supposed to be the starter of a HUGE franchise, and it wouldn't allow it to do as well as I hope.

Blue Belt could be better off in September. It's more niche than Spark 2 or Star Fox, so its going to need the family audience to push it to huge numbers. Sticking it between those two films could cause it to detoriate. I think it would make sense to put it in the same slot Hotel Transylvania was in last year (end of September, beginning of October), as I could see it doing similar numbers.

Edited by Alpha

What about the end of February? I don't mind if StarFox eats up Bone's legs; it has a nice OS audience.

You got me thinking. Why not President's Day Weekend?

Ok, I'm moving Star Fox to February 17. The Mutant can move to October 6.

I think this is a good idea.

List all your films with their genres. That way it'll be easier to determine dates.

March 17: The Lost Runes of Ensgril - Fantasy

September 15: Harald's Dream - Drama

August 11: Heavy Rain - Action/Thriller

June 9: Untitled Comedy - Epic Sci-Fi

There's absolutely no point opening an animated film on ID weekend.That doesn't bode well for the film. Also why not spread out the animated releases? Three weeks makes sense, one doesn't.

Why not? Kids will be off from school?

You have the whole of July and August. I just warn you that it won't open big. Not after two films already out in the market. Can you name any animated films that opened well that weekend?

There's NONE.

There are hardly ANY opening anyway, the only one I can think of is Ice Age that disappointed.

You have the whole of July and August. I just warn you that it won't open big. Not after two films already out in the market. Can you name any animated films that opened well that weekend?There's NONE.There are hardly ANY opening anyway, the only one I can think of is Ice Age that disappointed.

I moved it to May 12. No family films until Spark 2 on June 2.

I moved it to May 12. No family films until Spark 2 on June 2.

Oh yeah... Just to point out, the thing with the Untitled Comedy - Epic Sci-Fi was meant to be a joke since the name already gave out what genre it was. Just letting you know, since you put the movie as Epic Sci-Fi Comedy. (Didn't even think that that combination was possible, lol)