ChD

Weekend Estimates (WB $19.5M, SLP $8.1M, BTTH $4.5M, SUG $1.5M)

Silently? More likely, he`s spamming a discussion board with his "America is stupid" meltdown.

Where is Algren from?

Also, Algren had to know this would flop. After The Last Stand did, it was a given this would. Even moreso after Parker also tanked.

Edited by Leatherface

Bullet to Head has received some hateful negative reviews with some calling it one of the most misogynistic, racist, and homophobic films in a long time.

Which means it's not. It's got the same kind of vibe as 48 Hours. I seriously doubt its racist or homophobic.

Yep, unless it's the Expendables, these 80's action type films are just not welcomed anymore.

Because they aren`t good 80s action type films and because they don`t have kind of hero that is relatable or at least popular now. Even 80s, despite being famous for their steroid unkillable superbadasses gave a classic where a hero was total aughts/21st century type - sensitive (he came from future for the girl he saw on an old photo), without overimposed muscles, wasn`t unkillable and his body count was zero. Yet he was in one of the most beloved 80s actioners of all times, and one of the most beloves actioners of all times period. Yep, Cameron has always been such a visionary and so subversive when he cast typical 80s hero as the villain.

Also, just because TE gimmick worked, it doesn`t mean that many people care to see individual TE stars in individual 80s cheese-like flicks. I don`t even know why studios thought that TE would resurrect this type of a movie by which I mean types like Commando and Cobra and not like classics of the subgenre.

• Like 2

Yep, unless it's the Expendables, these 80's action type films are just not welcomed anymore.

I think people were wrong to jump to conclusion when TLS bombed. There has been a generational shift and these sort of movies are dead at the Box Office.  Stallone and Arnie will have to reinvent themselves if they want to be a draw at the Box Office.

THR Friday EstimatesWarm Bodies 9-10 millionBullet 2 million

I. Cannot. Freaking. Believe. That. Warm Bodies. Number. :oAlso, Bullet is on par with Last Stand. Didn't care about the movie to begin with. Had Stallone not been cast the movie would've gone direct to video.

I think people were wrong to jump to conclusion when TLS bombed. There has been a generational shift and these sort of movies are dead at the Box Office.  Stallone and Arnie will have to reinvent themselves if they want to be a draw at the Box Office.

Both should just retire. They have more than enough money and have experienced lots of success. There's no reason for them other than their ego to keep acting.

I honestly don`t think they can reinvent themselves because they aren`t considered actors with range. Sly`s Oscar nom was almost 40 years ago. The only way they cna reinvent themselves due to generational shift is to play parents or grandparents to Channing, Bradley, JGL, Tom Hardy, Chris Hemsworth. Supporting roles but quirky ones that surprise people. Days of leading men are numbered, though, especially in shitty to midly OK movies.