Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen: Year 6

I was surprised that you liked Daniel Rigger... I thought it ended up being a mess and expected a D score at it's best! You can imagine my surprise when I clicked that spoiler - my heart skipped a beat.

With your two films this year, ChD, you tried some interesting stuff. Some of it's a bit rought around the edges, but I ultimately enjoyed both films.

I never wanted to make a movie that has cliches and has been already made. All my upcoming movies are mostly original ideas... With Rigger, the problem was that I half abandoned that project near the end, but I managed to finish it forcefully... With To The Moon, it was another story - just couldn't get it out better.

4815262342 Presents

A Film By Ben Affleck

Betty Elms

Pavel Checkov

War Machine

Peter Bishop

Sitterson

Kitty

in...

24 HOURS

It's More Than The Road Home Times 24.

When an aspiring graduate of law soon gets involved in a shady organization, which eventually leads to him killing a woman, he spends 24 Hours with two officers of law, in which much complexity unfolds into this intense situation. The true result, however, is a well-crafted, well-acted, and immensely satisfying drama. One can always count on Numbers to deliver a satisfying drama.

Everyone is at the top of their game here, and Yelchin and Watts truly command the movie. I'm going to be hard-pressed to read any performances much better than what they were able to pull off. You've also got an impressive supporting cast with Don Cheadle, Richard Jenkins, Alicia Vikander, and Joshua Jackson constituting the rest of the six critical characters.

Also, this movie provides a compelling argument that Ben Affleck is one of the best current directors. Argo was fantastic, and this is just as good, if not better. His crafting of the movie, paired with his brilliant script co written by Chris Terrio, fuse to create something truly special. If you're looking for a well-made and immersive film in all regards, I assure you that 24 Hours is certain to deliver.

The Verdict:

A

Alfred Presents

A Film By Terrence Mallick

Claire Maddox

Jackson Pollack

Harvey Milk

Regina George

Ted Kramer

in....

THE ZONE

Now With 20% More Leaves Blowing In The Wind!

Okay, so I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Terrence Mallick. Tree Of Life and Catharsis were Mallick on full indulgence mode, even if they were very pretty films. The Zone, a story of a group of three men trying to find a place where their wishes will come true, is somewhat different, though. Though Mallick's overindulgence is clearly evident with this film, it's certainly a piece of eye and ear candy. Fortunately, Mallick focuses less on meditations of life and more on developing an actual narrative with this film. The bad news is that the narrative structure is rather weak.

We've got some really talented actors playing the five main roles, and Rachel McAdams playes a girl named Monkey. Yeah. I'm completely serious. Anyways, the five give generally good performances, but their potential is kind of limited by a script that gives them excessive melodrama and cheesy uses of poetry. These scenes were rather jarring and even cringe-worthy at times, and it goes on for two and a half hours. Terrence Mallick needs to kick it down a notch, but if he did, then this movie could have really been something. As it stands however, Mallick's latest is a visual and musical delight, but the film's script was messy and lacking in an effective narrative. I just barely liked it, though.

The Verdict:

B-

Alpha Presents

A Film By Kevin Wilcott

The Internet

In....

THE BOOK OF 4CHAN

The Dark Side Of The Internet

The Book Of 4Chan is probably the craziest film I'm going to have the pleasure of reading this year.  There is so much internet exploding here, and it's overwhelming. It's hilarious and disturbing at the same time. After watching one of the most bat-sh!t crazy movies of the year, I can conclude that it isn't as good as 4Chan: The Truth. It's better. By taking a more unique approach to this crazy website, the film becomes far more entertaining than it has any right to be. I feel like I don't really need to say anything else about this film.

The Verdict:

B

The Creator Presents

A Film By Alfonso Cuaron

Julius Caesar

George Smiley

Satine

Juno MacGuff

Robert Baratheon

Adam Sutler

in....

Who Needs 1984 When You Have Honey Boo Boo?

The classic novel by Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, follows a world where all books are burned and society has lost interest in knowledge. (CAYOM might not be in this world either. That's sad.) However, there are a few people who realize the value and significance of written works, and they fight for writing in this dystopian society. Using is slick film making style, Alfonso Cuaron brings this classic of literature to the big screen, and in doing so, he does a brilliant job of adapting this novel.

Alfonso's directing style works extremely well here, creating a dark and wholly atmospheric mood for this movie, which is basically what it calls for. Fortunately, he's got a great script ans equally fine performances working with him on this film. Clive Owen, playing the film's protagonist, Guy Motag, does a great job and probably should get himself an Oscar nomination for this role. The rest of the cast was also great, but he was the big standout.

Basically, this movie is really good stuff. If you pay to see  films like Honey Boo Boo Makes A Movie and The Impact Of Sir Roger The Alien 2, we might as well be in the society of 451. Yikes.

The Verdict:

A

• Like 1

I know I'm going out of order, but I just happened to read this one.

CJohn Presnets

A Film By Paul Feig

Gaila

Oskar Schindler

John Carter

Billy Flynn

Gandalf

Darcy

In....

WONDER WOMAN

The Girl Who Has Powers Of Contemplation & Thought

Having read both Aquaman and this, I can probably say that Booster Gold was my favorite DCU movie to date. Like the rest of them, it doesn't really blow you away with anything, but it makes for fun and serviceable entertainment. Rachel Nichols makes for a solid Wonder Woman, and her character's ties with mythology are also interesting, much like Thor in the Marvel Universe.

There's not really a whole lot for me to say here. Wonder Woman isn't particularly amazing, but for those who want a good bit of escapism for 2 hours, it's sure to do the trick. The DCU is behaving a lot like the Marvel Universe films. I wasn't blown away by any of the prequels for each hero, (save Iron Man, and Booster Gold to a lesser extent) but with each film, I became more and more excited for the eventual team-up. It's even more exciting that I'm doing actuals for it!

The Verdict

B-

• Like 2