Blankments

Y6 - Critical Consensus (Updated with Creator's List!)

We had 8 lists last year. With your list we'd have 6. Impact and Blank are the two people who haven't submitted a list for Year 6 but did for Year 5. Blank will definitely have a list but I'm not sure about Impact. 

We had 8 lists last year. With your list we'd have 6. Impact and Blank are the two people who haven't submitted a list for Year 6 but did for Year 5. Blank will definitely have a list but I'm not sure about Impact. 

I doubt Impact will be making one. He has missed this year and said he would try to return next year...

Blank will do one, you should do one ChD as well.

I wanted to do one, but I don't want to get into it without reading all the movies, and, currently, that's impossible. I've been sick for two weeks and I need to catch up for school, so I've got a lot on my head right now.

If it was to do one, Society would be first because, since I pre-read that movie, it's been number 1. (And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that To The Moon was Andrew's Number 1 movie... Just coincidence, trust me)

• Like 1

I wanted to do one, but I don't want to get into it without reading all the movies, and, currently, that's impossible. I've been sick for two weeks and I need to catch up for school, so I've got a lot on my head right now.

If it was to do one, Society would be first because, since I pre-read that movie, it's been number 1. (And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that To The Moon was Andrew's Number 1 movie... Just coincidence, trust me)

Scratch that. I have the whole Friday off. With some luck, the Top 25 is coming tonight (Somewhere at afternoon time US)

1. Society2. Careful Laid Plans3. Le Grand Ecran4. 4 5 15. 24 Hours6. High Life7. Cyber8. Avarice9. The Cardinal in the Kremlin10. Mysteries of The Beyond11. Wicked12. Expedecade13. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs GIANT Spiders14. Best Friends15. Bioshock16. Sir Thymes Time17. Last Ditch Effort18. The Shepard and The Daugther of the Sun19. The Stuff Of Legend20. Mr. Rogers goes to Washington21. Portal22. The Zone23. The New Species24. The Screwtape Letters25. Killer Computer

Just did some Calculations and figured out the new totals which include up to ChD's list: 

1. 451 - 122

2. Careful Laid Plans - 120

3. Avarice and Cardinal - 112

5. 24 Hours - 108

6. Cyber - 100

7. Mysteries of the Beyond - 97

8. Society - 96

9. To the Moon - 94

10. High Life - 87

11. Grand Ecran - 85

12. Last Ditch Effort - 77

13. Wicked - 75

14. Expedecade - 72

15. Chuck Norris - 71

16. Wicked - 67

17. Planeswalkers - 53

18. Stuff of Legend - 48

19. Bioshock - 43

20. Sir Thymes - 42

21. The Zone - 41

22. Kind Hearts and Coronets - 38

23. Mr. Rogerse - 24

24. Screwtape Letters and Best Friends - 23

26. Portal - 22

27. Shepard and Daughter - 18

28. Isolation and Uncharted - 15

30. My Little Pony - 14

31. New Species - 13

32. man of La Mancha - 12

33. Barricade - 11

34. Daniel Rigger - 10

35. Avatar - 9

36.  Texans hate Zombies - 8

37. Aquaman - 7

38. Miracle at the Meadowlands - 5

39. 39 Clues and Vast Dark - 3

41. Improper Exchange, Killer Computer, and Unbalanced 3 - 2

44. Avenue Q and Wonder Woman - 1

Interesting Stats: 

44 Films on the List 

#1 ranked film (451) has obtained 81.3% of max possible points

10 Films (451, Careful Laid Plans, Avarice, Cardinal in the Kremlin, 24 Hours, Mysteries of the Beyond, Society, High Life, last Ditch Effort, and Wicked.) have appeared on all 6 lists so far. 

The Lowest number of points for a film that's on all 6 lists is 75 points for Wicked

The Highest number of points for a film on 5 lists is 100 points for Cyber

The Highest number of points for a film on 4 lists is 72 points for Expedecade

The Highest number of points for a film on 3 lists is 41 points for The Zone

The Highest number of points for a film on 2 lists is 18 points for The Shepherd and the Daughter of the Sun

The highest number of points for a film on 1 list is 14 points for My Little Pony

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

I do think the nominees for BP will be 451, To The Moon, Cardinal in the Kremlin, Careful Laid Plans, and Avarice.

I think that Society will have a fair chance, too... I'll either replace To The Moon or Avarice, I think... It'll surely be on my Best Picture list.

Just want to point out that Society appears in 3 Top 5 lists, not only 2 as it's stated in the first post.

The first one is Hiccup's list, where he ranked it #3. Then, there is my list where it got #1 and now Blank's list which got him another Top 5 mention with the second place.

I think that Creators' list will definitely blow up any chances To The Moon had for an Oscar Nomination... You are allowed to vote for you own movies at the Oscars, I guess? I'll definitely put To The Moon in that ballot, if not in my own Top 5.

Society is a wild card 

It would've had a guaranteed nomination if there weren't so many strong movies this year... Any movie that hasn't got more than 3 Top 5 mentions could be considered wild cards right now...

Edited by ChD

It would've had a guaranteed nomination if there weren't so many strong movies this year... Any movie that hasn't got more than 3 Top 5 mentions could be considered wild cards right now...

You never know. There's no such thing as a guarantee. My OC last year got 2 number 1 mentions, was on 5 people's top 5s judging by the Oscar ballots. But it was not nominated.

I think that Creators' list will definitely blow up any chances To The Moon had for an Oscar Nomination... You are allowed to vote for you own movies at the Oscars, I guess? I'll definitely put To The Moon in that ballot, if not in my own Top 5.

Yes you're allowed to vote for your own movies.
  • Like 1