Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

I dont know if yall forgot, but the 2000 Grinch WAS the #1 movie of 2000, and the 66 one is still a classic.

Not saying this will be one of the biggest od the year, but people love the Grinch, and I'd argue it's Suess' most popular work, even ahead of Cat in the Hat.

Dont write this off yet. Will easily play well throughout the holidays. Also, after what we saw with TGD, dont assume Pixar is going to steamroll the competition.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cannastop said:

Unless it makes serious bank in the USA.

Given the competition, it might be difficult for it to break $200m. Even the live action Grinch film which did $260m domestic only did $84m OS and even with inflation and expansion, I don't see it doing more than $100-150m OS although given Illumination don't spend more than $75m on each film, they'll still see it as a success.

44 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given the competition, it might be difficult for it to break $200m. Even the live action Grinch film which did $260m domestic only did $84m OS and even with inflation and expansion, I don't see it doing more than $100-150m OS although given Illumination don't spend more than $75m on each film, they'll still see it as a success.

This will do close to 200M mark my words ;)

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This will do close to 200M mark my words ;)

If the reviled Lorax could do $70m OW and over $200m domestically, The Grinch has a shot at $200m,  it would need no competition to get to the live action Grinch numbers. 

Edited by Jonwo

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If the reviled Lorax could do $70m OW and over $200m domestically, The Grinch has a shot at $200m,  it would need no competition to get to the live action Grinch numbers. 

I honestly don't care what anyone says, it will have great legs through Christmas (as great as it can considering the massive competition).

Still, who wouldn't see a Grinch movie at Christmastime?