Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

Director: Peter Candeland

Distributor: Universal

Producer: Chris Meledandri

Executive Producer: Audrey Geisel

Production Company: Illumination Entertainment

______________________________________________________________________________________NEWS

'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' Remake in the Works at Universal

Universal's new, animated DR. SUESS' HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS is set grab some green Nov. 17, 2017.

Seriously I'd like to someone in Hollywood why this needs to be remade. The animated special is perfect. There was no need for live action remake and there is no need for this. Hollywood, go fuck yourself

• Like 2

Seriously I'd like to someone in Hollywood why this needs to be remade. The animated special is perfect. There was no need for live action remake and there is no need for this. Hollywood, go fuck yourself

Why so hostile? Did you open the link? Its Illumination Entertainment, made other Dr. Seuss movies, no reason not get it made and will make a lot.

Why so hostile? Did you open the link? Its Illumination Entertainment, made other Dr. Seuss movies, no reason not get it made and will make a lot.

I don't care the animated special is the only adaptation of the book that should exist. 

• Founder / Operator

Makes sense financially to do this, and one could argue almost two decades is a reasonable wait in between updates, but Carrey's version is considered a new classic by a lot of people. This will probably be a hit on some level, but I can't see it being near the box office phenom that was the 2000 rendition. Frankly, I could see it doing along the modest business of Zemeckis' A Christmas Carol with some accounting for inflation.

• Like 4