Impact

Best Actress-2013

This is both sad and hilarious. Makes me wish all the more that they would've just given her a richly deserved Oscar for Mulholland Drive and maybe we wouldn't have to endure this embarrassment now.

Nanny's story is pretty incredible actually.

She was lost in casting audtion hell for 10 years ! Talk about perserverance and triumph of the will.

She suffered humiliation after humiliation at those castings, she did tampons commercials, she really was Nic's nanny etc

And suddenly, she got cast for Mullolhand Drive and her life changed literraly overnight and she never stopped working since with lots of prestigious filmmakers.

• Like 1

Nanny's story is pretty incredible actually.

She was lost in casting audtion hell for 10 years ! Talk about perserverance and triumph of the will.

She suffered humiliation after humiliation at those castings, she did tampons commercials, she really was Nic's nanny etc

And suddenly, she got cast for Mullolhand Drive and her life changed literraly overnight and she never stopped working since with lots of prestigious filmmakers.

Yeah, it's a good story. Maybe in 40 years an actress will win an Oscar for playing her in a biopic.

• Like 4

Her situation is very similar to Amy Adams. She is a good actress but both of them should stop chasing Oscars. People have had great careers without ever coming close to winning an Oscar and others have crashed and burned after winning one. It isn't that important.

Edited by TLK

I don't know if Adams is chasing an Oscar, but I do know that she consistently delivers one strong performance after the other, and I wouldn't want her to stop doing that. Having a great career is exactly what she's doing. Can't say the same about Watts, unfortunately.

• Like 2

Eh, 2010 was pretty good for him for not trying. Both Shutter Island and Inception were made just for entertainment purposes. Could argue the same this year with Gatsby.

I was just saying in general, but whatever :P

• Like 1

I think he shows that just fine in Django and the trailer for Wolf of Wall Street. And he's having a ton of fun almost all through Catch Me If You Can.

Eh, Django's kinda right in the middle of R-rated comedy and action movie. :P Although I agree with Catch Me If You Can, definitely one of my favorite Leo movies

Can a song save your life ? and The Railway Man are getting good reviews at TIFF. I think Nicole Kidman and Keira Knightley may be stronger candidates this year than expected.

Knightmare can go die in a hole. And Nicole's supporting I believe. And I don't think she'll go anywhere. The story really is around Irvine and Firth. Nicole sets the story up and then really has nothing to do. It's quite a thankless role. 

The biggest Indie buyers are figting over that nightmare movie.

I know. I want to barf. Already 7 million. at least that means it'll be delayed till next year. No one's crazy enough to spend that much money and run the risk of it getting lost this season. I imagine at that price it'll be a high profile next season release. 

The movie is getting a lot of praise and $7 million is a pretty hefty asking price for an Indie movie. The fact that there is a bidding war at that price tells me that the early reviews are spot on. I think the best case scenario for the movie is to be bought by Lionsgate/Summit and get the December 13 release date next to Hobbit. I don't think TWC or other smaller indie distributors will be able to release it this year.

It is down to LGF and TWC as of 5 minutes ago. 

UPDATE: The bidding is still going, but it is down to The Weinstein Company and Lionsgate on John Carney’s Can A Song Save Your Life? The sellers have been trying to get to an $8 million minimum guarantee, and at 4:43 AM Toronto time, I have no idea when this one is going to wrap up. But it will go down as one of the more memorable film auctions in recent Toronto Festivals.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/toronto-can-a-song-save-your-life-strikes-chord-with-bidders-hitting-high-notes/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter