Impact

Best Actress-2013

... Ric, am I reading that correctly? Are you now for Judi over Meryl?? :o

No. I will still root and cheer for Meryl, but I do think that Judi will win. I won't be upset over it at all. I'll be disappointed that Meryl lost, sure. But, one can never be upset at Judi Dench. This isn't Bullock or Winslet or Zeta Jones or Herpburn or Swank and etc. 

• Like 1

The trailer for Judi's movie came out and it doesn't look all that. I'm certainly not sold on the idea that there's no way anyone else can beat her. Especially since Blue Jasmine is pretty much the only contender here that anyone's, y'know, actually seen.

The trailer for Judi's movie came out and it doesn't look all that. I'm certainly not sold on the idea that there's no way anyone else can beat her. Especially since Blue Jasmine is pretty much the only contender here that anyone's, y'know, actually seen.

Judi's old though. She'll have the Life-Time-Achievement-I've-Been-Maligned-For-Ages card to play, that Cate won't have. Cate's not nearly old enough yet. 

I imagine with Meryl out of the way, Dench will easily win Volpi and the film has a shot at the Golden Lion. I'm looking at the Venice line-up and I'm thinking that Tom at the Farm, Win Rises, Philomena, Police Officer's Wife, and L'intrepido all have good shots at winning the leono d'oro. Though L'intrepido's director has already won once, so maybe not again. Though there have been multiple winners before. Maybe Night Moves could win as well.

Harvey's got this season all planned out. Using Venice as a launching pad for Philomena and Dench and then using TIFF's people's choice win for August. (I'm looking at the list for TIFF right now, and what else would stand a chance? Honest question. Everything else seems too auteur to win)

Edited by riczhang

Judi trumps cate's perforemnces for the ages? nah, you are in for a huge surprise my darling.

And Cate's performance wasn't for the ages. I don't know where people got that notion from. It's ridiculous. It's amazing, sure. But for the ages? Really? It doesn't hold a candle to Sophie Zawistowski, Elizabeth II, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Isabelle Huppert, or even Emmanuelle Riva. Those are real performances for the ages, and Cate's is probably career best at best. 

Just saw the trailer. Doesn't do it justice. There are some serious scenes that the trailer just skirted over. I expect the TWC American Trailer will be much better. I mean not a single shot of the end at all. 

Riva was 100x more deserving of the Oscar than Lawrence. How the Academy can choose such a lackluster performance over Riva's haunting work baffles me. Whatever its not like the Academy hasn't made embarrassing mistakes before.And to all of those Lawrence fanboys, Riva was undeniably the runner up for the Oscar. She got a late surge, but it wasn't enough to overcome Hollywood's perverted love for Lawrence.

What ever makes you sleep at night, kid.

It is fine by me.

Good sleep is important for the cells.

:)

What ever makes you sleep at night, kid.

It is fine by me.

Good sleep is important for the cells.

:)

This is true. Lack of REM sleep causes the neuroreceptors to lose their sensitivity to serotonin and norepinephrine, which leads to impaired cognitive function.

This is true. Lack of REM sleep causes the neuroreceptors to lose their sensitivity to serotonin and norepinephrine, which leads to impaired cognitive function.

And pseudo-schizophrenia 

Edited by riczhang

UGH, Lawrence fanboys are the most annoying things on the planet.

Nope, we're still behind Nolanites, Fincherites, Cummberbitches, Hidlestoners, Robsessed, Maramaniacs, Knightmares, Blanchittos, Browncoats (aka Fillionphiles), Kristen Bell fanboys,etc

Edited by fishnets

Nope, we're still behind Nolanites, Fincherites, Cummberbitches, Hidlestoners, Robsessed, Maramaniacs, Knightmares, Blanchittos, Browncoats (aka Fillionphiles), Kristen Bell fanboys,etc

Yeah. I'm abivalent towards Lawrence at best, and I think Lawrence fanboys are annoying as fuck, but some of those, like Nolanites, Fincherites, Whedon-whatevers, and etc. are so much worse.

And then there's Maramaniia, Knightmare, and Botox. Those are the worst. (And no. Cumberbitches are not as bad as Lawrence Fanboys) 

So who is her champion this year? She's to them what Shay is to movies he's supporting - a plutonium-level poisonous curse.

BTW, Team Bombur did better than expected last year. We successfully neutralized Lincoln save in Best Actor but since that wasn't a ham as expected, all is good. So I've been thinking Bombur goes after August Osage County this year.It sounds like a movie that misplaces ham big time and we cannot allow that. We put ham where it belongs - on your plate - not in plate-breaking histrionics!