Impact

Best supporting actress-2013

Obviously I have not seen any of the leading performances this year but I have a tough time seeing Amy Adams win for American Hustle. The movie seems to be a Christian Bale show with good supporting roles for Cooper, Renner and Lawrence. I don't think Amy Adams will have enough juice to take on Bullock , Cate Blanchett and others this year.

I want Amy Adams to set a new record for most noms without a win.  :stirthepot:

Well I did mention a few posts above that Thelma Ritter did have 6 noms with no wins. (Of course Randy Newman had to wait 18 noms before winning)

Actually, Amy Adams has signed on to a really good role in Big Eyes. That's the sort of role that can win her an Oscar next year as long as she can hold her own against Christoph Waltz.

And she's got that Janis Joplin biopic coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she wins an Oscar within the next 5 years.

But how, HOW could the Academy possibly award Winfrey over Lupita Nyong'o's performance in 12 Years a Slave? They simply can't, at least not without hanging their head in shame.

Nyong'o doesn't have the same name recognition as Oprah, but if you were to compare the two performances it's quite obvious, to me at least, who gives the better performance. In fact, I don't know how Oprah could campaign against Nyong'o and hold her head high. Winfrey could walk around and accept whatever kudos and adulation fall upon her shoulders, but to actively campaign for an Oscar, claiming acting superiority would be rather naive.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/2014-oscar-predictions-best-supporting-actress-winfrey-nyongo-butler-12-years-a-slave/

That's some passion.