iceroll

Friday: Snitch $3M-$3.5M, Dark Skies $2.5M-3.5M

It looks like, at least for the weaker months, that the character based action movies are still alive and the actor based action movie (Sitch, BTTH, TLS) are dead as a doornail.

It didn`t help that all 4 actor based action movies(you forgot Statham/JLo turd) screamed rental.

Mmh, you can say that about every actor in Hollywood.

We had this debate so many times, very few actors can open a movie on their sole name in this day and age.

But few were groomed to be a star like The Rock. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He just sums up how different the industry is now.

But few were groomed to be a star like The Rock. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. He just sums up how different the industry is now.

I don`t think that he was groomed well enough. They have never given him top notch movies to headline. No Cameron, Verhoeven, McTiernan, Millius on his resume. The action stars that he was supposed to replace had action classics on their resumes because those classics were made by bone fide great directors.

SNITCH: $4.14M Friday (est) / 2,511 Locations / $1,649 Location Avg. #Snitch DARK SKIES: $3.09M Friday (est) / 2,313 Locations / $1,335 Location Avg. #DarkSkiesESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH: $2.35M Friday (est) / $26.48M Domestic Total #EscapeFromPlanetEarthIDENTITY THIEF: $4.1M Friday (est) / $83.70M Domestic Total #IdentityThiefA GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD: $2.8M Friday (est) / $44.60M Domestic Total #AGoodDayToDieHardSAFE HAVEN: $3.52M Friday (est) / $40.98M Domestic Total #SafeHaven

STUPID NIKKI !!